PHOTON CHAT DOES NOT WORK

Options

Hello my name is krushna, I have had a little issue with photon chat. When I first came across this issue I tried to go back to the demo and see if the error accrued there as well, and it did. The issue was Photon chat did not connect. Photon Pun does but Photon Chat does not. Next I tried downloading the package on a new unity project to see if my project was the issue, the package which I downloaded was Pun 2, this resulted in the same issue occurring again. I tried restarting my laptop to see if that would work, and it did, once then stopped working again. I tried restarting my laptop again to check if that was the issue, this time it didn't work. I was connected to the internet the whole time. I does work sometimes when I restart my project, but this is only 20% of the time. This is with the demo which has been provided in the package. Can I just add the state which is shown in the photon chat demo is disconnected, but this is only after it stays on Authenticated for 40 seconds plus. I have not made any changes to the scripts which are provided. Please could you help me with this issue.

thanks you for your time

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Krushna,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

It looks like maybe there was a temporary issue and it's already resolved?

I just checked all 3 Chat Cloud regions and they work fine.

Otherwise if the issue persists, maybe tell us which Region?

Thank you for your understanding and patience!

• Krushna
    Options

Hello, I just tested the demo the issue still persists. My current region is eu.

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Krushna,

If the issues persists even until now please send an email to developer@photonengine.com with your AppId.