Can't connect to server with WebGl build

Hi. I use Photon Server with Amazon EC2. Desktop build work correctly- I cane connect and work with server. In editor with WebGl platform settings all work also correctly if I use name server or if I connect to master server. If I push build to web host, I can't connect to name server or master server. Don't see any errors in browser console. I use not secure web sockets. In server logs I don't see any attempts to connect from hosted build. Thanks

Environment:

Unity 2019.4

Photon Server v5

Comments

• hi, @Golandez

try to use telnet. you will see whether ports are open.

best

ilya

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

Hi @Golandez,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Did you follow steps shown here?

Change different browser, check firewall?

Try from different machine, different network?

• Hi @chvetsov , @JohnTube

I checked ports 9093, 9091, 9090 on server side, it's ok-they are opened, I tried to outside check ports from my machine, they are opened. Yes, I followed manuals. My server has completed plugin and it's work successfully with desktop build. But with WebGl work only in UnityEditor. I use WebGl build on github Pages and on dedicate server, checked with Chrome on my desktop machine and with Safari on Macbook. I used different network providers for test. Always WebGl work only in UnityEditor. Thanks for try to help! 

• Golandez
    Golandez
    edited December 2021

@JohnTube

I updated photon plugin in Unity to latest version and my problem was fixed. But I have more issue- I checked OnOperationResponce in LoadballancingCliend and saw that server send for MasterserverAddress "localhost:9090/Master", but my expectations is "ws://serverIp:9090/Master". This is my error in server configuration or plugin error in work with ws ? I use ws, not wss

• hi, @Golandez

do you have have Policy listeners open?

try to open them, because they are commented by default in sdk v5

best,

ilya

• Golandez
    Golandez
    edited December 2021

Hi, @chvetsov

I tried to open policy listener, but this not resolved my issue- in OnOperationResponce I get localhost address, not server ip. I wrote in last message that problem with connect is resolved

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @Golandez,

Set MasterServer IP in "deploy\Nameserver.json".

It should be the "IpAddress" of the default region node "EU".

• hi, @Golandez

Yes, I see that I missed your message.

Probably you also have to check that your game server public IP and host name are correct - PublicIpAddress and PublicHostName

You can find this settings in GameServer.xml.config

best,

ilya

• Golandez
    Golandez
    edited December 2021

Hi. @JohnTube , @chvetsov  The issue was resolved- in Nameserver.json fixed Hostname value from localhost to real ip. Thanks a lot!

• Hi @Golandez I'm facing same issue with unity webGL. If have time, could you please wrote the step that you implement in your project to run? I tried , but no luck. Also I'm not able to run on editor. If you wrote this for me it will great help for me. Thanks.