South Africa Johannesburg za missing in CloudRegionCode PUN v1

in the photon v1 document linked above, South Africa Johannesburg za is listed as one of the supported region, but it is not in the CloudRegionCode enum in the latest asset store version v1.105 (Current) - released on October 25, 2021

We are currently supporting a game released since Unity 2017 and received players from Africa asking for better server connection support. We were happy to find Africa in the regions Doc, but disappointed after updating to latest version and can not find it.

Answers

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @4Fats,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Not sure why this has not been added, probably because nobody asked and we don't update PUN Classic that often anymore.

Maybe you can add it manually yourself or try to update to PUN 2?

• 4Fats
    4Fats
    edited November 2021

@JohnTube

I added za = 14 to CloudRegionCode and za = 1 << 13 to CloudRegionFlag to the Enums.cs file

but when i try to connect to it, i got this error response from photon server. Operation failed: OperationResponse 230: ReturnCode: 32767 (Regions mismatch). Parameters: {} Server: MasterServer

when i use PingAvailableRegionsCoroutine to find the best server for the player / list it to player, za is not in PhotonNetwork.networkingPeer.AvailableRegions all other server was fine.