Cross-platform hardcore multiplayer shooting game

Hi,

I'm evaluating Fusion for our next game and met a couple of issues with your awesome solution

First of all - it doesn't work on xsx/ps5 platforms (mentioned in the release notes), which is a must for us and, second, the documentation and samples are quite sparse which makes plenty of things kinda hard to understand without continuous tests (which heavily slowed down by "Starting Up" phase)

I wonder - maybe you have a discord server or a forum where developers can communicate with each other (not the one I'm posting in, a bit more "live" one)?

A bit of background - I'm a co-founder of Game-Labs (https://store.steampowered.com/developer/gamelabsinc) working on a new IP for our studio

Answers

• maxclark
    maxclark ✭✭
    edited November 2021

i believe this is it. there's a lot of PUN talk on the unity forums, too. anyway, if there is another forum, i would also like to know about it.

• rsklnkv
    rsklnkv
    edited November 2021

Ok, thanks, in this case I'll post questions here

• rsklnkv
    rsklnkv
    edited November 2021

So the questions are:

1. Is there a way to speed up "Starting Up.." phase? Currently, it takes up to 30 seconds making quick tests pretty much impossible
    2. Networked Character Controller - currently, it's a black box that works kinda weird on the terrain (like speeding up and slowing down), I've tried to change parameters in Config section, but no luck. Also, in my small prototype application which was set in the same way as the main application (33 fps for the fixed update), my NCC was working totally fine and smooth, but in the main application, it feels jittery (like there is no interpolation applied). Should I use NCC or switch to rigidbody controller?
    3. I haven't found a pricing plan for Fusion for self-hosted dedicated servers. Our infrastructure is split to 2 parts - master server with all the logic related to profiles, items, craft, ... and match server management and unity dedicated servers spread across the world. Is it even possible with Fusion?
    4. In the release notes xbox series x and ps5 are mention as "coming during beta", is there an ETA for xsx?
    5. The match will be running up to 20 players and up to 200 NPC characters spread across 4sqm world, is Fusion is a good fit for such an application? In replication/visibility range we can get up to 5-10 players and 20-30 NPCs. The game genre is close to FPS, so movement and shooting should be pretty accurate, the game uses ballistics and accurate bone colliders

Thanks in advance for replies!

• turns out, i was wrong. i found a discord: https://discord.gg/SafHA3R4

(also, i have no experience with fusion, so good luck)