I got sendbufferfull, when player rejoined a room.

Options
mody
mody
edited October 2021 in Photon Server

I got this "error" or photon protect itself or whatever, while I'm only sharing a vector3 and a float, they were'n't even updating at that moment, just when a player rejoined "without changes or RPC calls or anything" - just a happy case testing by leaving a room and rejoining. what's the issue here?

Best Answer

• [Deleted User]
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi, make sure there's no data being sent anywhere in a loop. Maybe sure there's no massive amounts of data in player properties etc. You could try swapping to TCP protocol and see if you still disconnected, if you don't then that's cool, but you still have an unsolved problem there of a huge amount of bytes accidentally being sent somewhere.

SendBufferFull is a protection mechanism and you are triggering it somewhere. The SendBuffer on UDP is perhaps... 1 mb in size. Do not send this much data closely together.

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi, make sure there's no data being sent anywhere in a loop. Maybe sure there's no massive amounts of data in player properties etc. You could try swapping to TCP protocol and see if you still disconnected, if you don't then that's cool, but you still have an unsolved problem there of a huge amount of bytes accidentally being sent somewhere.

SendBufferFull is a protection mechanism and you are triggering it somewhere. The SendBuffer on UDP is perhaps... 1 mb in size. Do not send this much data closely together.

• mody
    mody
    edited October 2021
    Options

Thank you, that was helpful