Objects not destroying

Hi! I am making an enemy that throws buff potions to other enemies in my multiplayer game. The potions work like this: The potion enemy instantiates a potion -> when hitting a wall or another enemy the potion will destroys itself with PhotonNetwork.Destroy() function and it will instantiate a prefab with a particle system.

The issue that I am having is that the particle system object does not destroy and it makes this error:

Illegal view ID:0 method: DestroyThis GO:potion splash radius(Clone)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
Photon.Pun.PhotonNetwork:RPC (Photon.Pun.PhotonView,string,Photon.Pun.RpcTarget,Photon.Realtime.Player,bool,object[]) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonNetworkPart.cs:1201)
Photon.Pun.PhotonNetwork:RPC (Photon.Pun.PhotonView,string,Photon.Pun.RpcTarget,bool,object[]) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonNetwork.cs:2907)
Photon.Pun.PhotonView:RPC (string,Photon.Pun.RpcTarget,object[]) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonView.cs:604)
PotionSplashScript:Update () (at Assets/PotionSplashScript.cs:28)

The PotionSplashScript looks like this:

using System.Collections;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using UnityEngine;
using Photon.Pun;

public class PotionSplashScript : MonoBehaviourPun
{
   public ParticleSystem ps;

// Start is called before the first frame update
   void Start()
   {
       ps = GetComponent<ParticleSystem>();
   }

[PunRPC]
   void DestroyThis()
   {
       if(photonView.IsMine)
       PhotonNetwork.Destroy(gameObject);
   }

// Update is called once per frame
   void Update()
   {
       if (ps.isEmitting)
       {
           photonView.RPC("DestroyThis", RpcTarget.All);
       }
   }
}

I'd greatly appreciate any help to this problem. :)

Best Answer

Answers

• privatemxxgxx
    edited October 2021

Hello, I am a student studying.

There seems to be no photonview specific definition and initialization syntax.

private PhotonView photonView;
    private void Awake()
    {
       photonView = GetComponent<PhotonView>();
    }

• Jalzu
    Jalzu
    Answer ✓

I fixed it. The problem that I had was that I used Instantiate to spawn the potion splash prefab instead of PhotonView.Instantiate. That caused that the potion splash's photon view didn't have a owner. Thank you anyway! (by the way the definition of the photon view comes from the MonoBehaviourPun)