Changing from cloud to local server

I have a multiplayer game that works fine when from the cloud servers from Photon. I have been working with an IT consultant to get a windows server running. We changed the Network number and the port number in the Server settings of Photon in Unity. We are now getting an error [OperationResponse 230: ReturnCode: 32736 (No auth request during expected wait time). Parameters: {} Server: NameServer Address: XXXXXXXXXXXXX ... ] We changed the Network number and the port number in the Server settings of Photon. Any thoughts on what would make this work?

Answers

• Just to help us to help you: Photon is a portfolio of products. To debug matters like this, you will need to talk about changes on the clients and or servers, not just "on Photon".

This sounds as if you managed to get the client to connect but not call authenticate, which is normally fully automated.

Which version of PUN do you use? Which version if the Photon Server SDK?
  • I am using Photon Control 5.0.12.770 and Pun Version 2.18.1 Lib 4.1.4.1 Unity 2020.3.7f1

I am starting to get frustrated... Anyone know of a someone able to set up Unity/Pun and a local server who is looking to make some extra money?

So far I loaded up the DEMO for LoadBalancing. I chose "Basic Tutorial", Load Demo, and then Play

and I get the following error:

OperationResponse 230: ReturnCode: 32736 (No auth request during expected wait time). Parameters: {} Server: NameServer Address: 192.168.254.200:5058
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
    Photon.Realtime.LoadBalancingClient:DebugReturn (ExitGames.Client.Photon.DebugLevel,string) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:2598)
    Photon.Realtime.LoadBalancingClient:OnOperationResponse (ExitGames.Client.Photon.OperationResponse) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:2678)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback (ExitGames.Client.Photon.StreamBuffer) (at D:/Dev/Work/photon-dotnet-sdk/PhotonDotNet/PeerBase.cs:871)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands () (at D:/Dev/Work/photon-dotnet-sdk/PhotonDotNet/EnetPeer.cs:565)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands () (at D:/Dev/Work/photon-dotnet-sdk/PhotonDotNet/PhotonPeer.cs:1865)
    Photon.Pun.PhotonHandler:Dispatch () (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonHandler.cs:221)
    Photon.Pun.PhotonHandler:FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonHandler.cs:147)

Any help would be super appreciated.
  • I tried the very same PUN version and could join a room without issues.

The connection gets established in your case.
    However, the client does not send the Authentication operation for some reason. It does this automatically normally.
    Are client and server on the same machine?
    Any chance there is some protection running, that might cut the connection right after it was established? Some firewall or virus scanner?

Sorry, this is inexplicable for us, unless we would take a look at your machine exactly, which is currently not possible due to load of work.

Try building the app and run it from a different folder, machine and or a phone?!