How to Build A Test Client to Performance Tests?

Options
I read the page https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/server/current/performance/performance-tests
photon recommed[ Build a simple Photon Server(!) application that mimics the behavior of your game client. ]But I dont know how to build photon server application to test.
My game client use pun2 and want to know how to bulid a good test client to Performance Tests.
thanks!

Answers

• chvetsov
    Options
    hi, @Tree

because of nature of client lib it is not very suitable for testing. The thing is that it creates thread per connection and in the end you are limited by system resources. It is not very good too have too many threads in one process.

so, I would say that it might be good to run 50-100 connections per perf test client.

best,
    ilya

• Tree
    Options
    chvetsov wrote: »
    hi, @Tree

because of nature of client lib it is not very suitable for testing. The thing is that it creates thread per connection and in the end you are limited by system resources. It is not very good too have too many threads in one process.

so, I would say that it might be good to run 50-100 connections per perf test client.

best,
    ilya

Thank you so much.
    I also want to know how to [Build a simple Photon Server(!) application that mimics the behavior of your game client].
    I dont know how to mimic,hope you can tell me.
    thanks!
  • chvetsov
    Options
    @Tree

Mimic means that you will do things similar on what your users will do:
    - joining
    - moving
    - grouping
    - fighting
    - chatting
    - leaving

this all is very game specific, so there is no one advice that fits to all needs
    best,
    ilya
  • Tree
    Options
    chvetsov wrote: »
    @Tree

Mimic means that you will do things similar on what your users will do:
    - joining
    - moving
    - grouping
    - fighting
    - chatting
    - leaving

this all is very game specific, so there is no one advice that fits to all needs
    best,
    ilya

Tannk you so much!I will try it.