TimeoutDisconnect while connecting to ns.exitgames.com:5058

Greetings Photon!

I'm experiencing problems connecting to Photon. I receive the following message:
"TimeoutDisconnect while connecting to: ns.exitgames.com:5058. Check if the server is available."

This is occurring in previously written, unmodified code. I tested firewall by connecting to a total of 3 different networks, no difference. I tested previous revisions of known code releases, no difference. Then, I pulled down the Photon SDK, no difference.

This seems like a case of server downtime, but the server status site reports no outage or issues....

Help!

Rob

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @RobNBCUNI,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Then, I pulled down the Photon SDK, no difference.
    Current Photon Server does not have Name Server. It has Master and Game Server, respectively 5055 and 5056 default UDP ports. So if even the self hosted Photon Server times out for you then the issue is not in the Photon Cloud.

Besides, there was no other complaints.

Do you still have this issue?
  • Hi,
    FWIW, it was the master server connection that reported that address. I was using the worker sample.
    That being said, it was an IT related snafu on my end. All is well, thanks!
    Rob
  • marswong
    marswong
    edited April 2018
    Hey @RobNBCUNI,
    Did you happen to know what exactly was screwing this up?
    I'm stuck in a similar situation atm:
    "Cannot send op: 222 Not connected. PeerState: Connecting" and
    "DisconnectByServerLogic while connecting to ns.exitgames.com:5058. Check if the server is available."
    Strange thing is I've got another machine on the same network running an identical build with no errors...
    Thanks,
    mw
  • I'm also getting, "TimeoutDisconnect while connecting to: ns.exitgames.com:5058. Check if the server is available" after calling PhotonNetwork.ConnectWithSettings ("0.1").

But only sometimes. Twice in the last 15 minutes I've connected fine and a dozen times it's failed to connect and given me this error. Is there more info on this?
  • roundy
    roundy
    edited August 2021
    Hi, Did any of you figured this out? Or do you have any ideas?
    DisconnectByServerLogic while connecting to: ns.exitgames.com:5058. Check if the server is available.

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 45)

Failed To Connect DisconnectByServerLogic
    Can't execute Disconnect() while not connected. Nothing changed. State: ConnectingToNameServer

Sometimes it connects, sometimes not, but usually not. We are struggling with this for over half the year

Please help @JohnTube
  • roundy I am also getting this!

@JohnTube we need a solution! Thanks!
  • I'm getting the same connection issues as mentioned by roundy .@johnTube a solution to this would make for a more enjoyable game .
  • If you can't connect to the Name Server, this is likely a DNS issue, a problem with the connection being disallowed (by firewall or port rules along the path) or a hiccup (which should pass quickly).

Update your SDK / Package. The latest C# libs provide more detail if the DNS failed.
    In PUN 2, you can use a Protocol Fallback.
    Try using Alternative Ports.

This should all be listed on the Analyzing Disconnects doc page.
This discussion has been closed.