Photon and Playfab for rooms

dibset
dibset
edited August 2021 in Any Topic & Chat
Hi, i already did the integration for photon authentification with playfab and it works fine.

My question regarding photon and playfab (maybe it's a stupid question) is :

In what scenario would i use the playfab cloudscript webhooks for rooms, if i can use them with photon directly ?

Thanks

Answers

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @dibset,

Sorry for the delay I was on vacation.

You need webhooks if you want to get data from PlayFab's side mainly to save/load room state to allow async. join or rejoin.
  • Hey @JohnTube, no worries, everybody needs time off :smile:

Do you have any examples?

For instance, can i use webhooks to say when to room closes / match finishes, transfer data(wins, lose,etc) to player statistics ? Thanks

• does the playfab photon addon works with fusion?

• If you ask about whether Photon Webhooks are available with Fusion - currently NO.

Otherwise please elaborate what you mean by "playfab photon addon".

• Hi,

I'm trying to get PlayFab authentication to work with Fusion and i stumbled across this thread.

The Playfab Photon add-on refers to this : https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/sdks/photon/quickstart. I see that webhooks don't work with Fusion but does Custom Authentication?

I tried changing the playfab example code and passing AuthenticationValues data to AuthValues in StarGameArgs but Fusion returns a CustomAuthenticationFailed error.

• Yes, Custom Authentication does work with Fusion.