if a game is single player but need to be server sided how can we guarantee data to be serversided?

the only function of a client build is to initiate actions. so my plan is to create a ismasterclient over a virtual machine
and restrict to join or it should be fine to use create room on players end?

Comments

• what i mean is a unity instance server build that uses a ismasterclient..
  • You want to run a server for a singleplayer game?
    Are you aware that this will be prohibitively expensive to run?

What is the idea here?
    Look into playfab and similar services which provide a user account, in game purchases and such. You probably don't want to run Unity on a server you pay for...
  • Tobias wrote: »
    You want to run a server for a singleplayer game?
    Are you aware that this will be prohibitively expensive to run?

What is the idea here?
    Look into playfab and similar services which provide a user account, in game purchases and such. You probably don't want to run Unity on a server you pay for...

its a mix of single player and multiplayer the problem is if the host of a room it self then that person can modify variables in memory my plan is to have two unity instances for player and a unity instance doing heavy lifting for a player that performed an action..

if playfab is capable of managing server sided code game logic then i will look it to it thank you.
  • I am not sure if PlayFab is capable of solving all your requirements but it might be a good start.

The Photon Server Plugin SDK is also a good choice if you need to run a game loop (or if you just want to react to player actions) but don't want to run a lot of processes (all rooms are processed parallelized). The plugin you produce will be run per room and you can do whatever needs to be done. Clients would use RaiseEvent, which then gets processed server-side.