Server waiting for others to join timeout

SPF
SPF
edited July 2021 in Photon Bolt
I noted that in my game, if playerA created a room(play as server), and after a long time, then player B try to join it in "SessionListUpdated" callback (using the codes similar with the tutorial example), player B won't find the session created by A. My guess is it has a timeout mechanism. The several "timeout" settings in the Bolt setting panel are all for other phases. I can't find docs about timeout in this waiting phase.

My matching logic is after a server creates a room and load scene successfully, it starts waiting others to join until the room is full then start the game play.

My question is how to set the waiting time for this "waiting others to joint until room is full"? And which is the callback in this case?

Thank you!

Comments

• Hello,

There is not such a Room Timeout in Photon Sessions.

When you say "player B won't find the session created by A", what happens? If the session is being included in the list of the session in the "SessionListUpdated", it exists in the cloud, so there should be another mechanism blocking the joining process.
    My question is how to set the waiting time for this "waiting others to joint until room is full"? And which is the callback in this case?

If you are maintaining the server running, that is all you need to do to receive new clients. There is no room timeout to "accept new client", this is done by your code.
    The only timeout that applies, in this case, is when all peers disconnect from a Photon Room, and after a while, the session is removed from the Photon Cloud.

--
    Ramon Melo
    Photon Bolt Team
  • @ramonmelo Thank you for your explaining, in this case I should design my own mechanism. Some points need to clarify:

"Player A(server) waited for a long time alone in the room, then player B won't find the session created by A". This happened quite a few times.

What if Player A stayed in the room along without any player joining and without doing anything, would Player B still be able to get "SessionListUpdated" triggered after create client, and able to join the session after hours even days?

If so, there must be something wrong, I should give it more tests and come back to you.
    Is there any possible reason that could kick the player A out of the session?
  • Hi,
    What if Player A stayed in the room along without any player joining and without doing anything, would Player B still be able to get "SessionListUpdated" triggered after create client, and able to join the session after hours even days?

Long running Sessions are not suggested, but it should hold for several hours without any problems.
    The sessions should appear on the Session List Update just as usual.
    Is there any possible reason that could kick the player A out of the session?

Authenticatication, Accept Mode Set to Manual, CCU Limit, Room Max Players limit, Server is handing for some reason...

--
    Ramon Melo
    Photon Bolt Team
  • Thank you. Then it might be some occasional bug that caused this problem. I'll gather more info in the future to solve it. :)
  • Did you set the Fixed region in Photon server settings?

Setting Fixed region solved this for me.