Cannot create a room on a local server

Hi,
I want to create a new room in a game. I click a button, wait a couple of seconds and get disconnected with cause "Client Timeout". When I don't use my own server, everything works fine. This is the code for creating the room:
Debug.Log("Creating room");
Photon.Realtime.RoomOptions ro = new Photon.Realtime.RoomOptions();
ro.PublishUserId = true;
PhotonNetwork.CreateRoom("0", ro);
This is my configuration for connecting to Server:
App ID: my app ID
App ID chat: blank
App Version: 1.0
Use Name Server: False
Fixed Region: blank
Server: my local IP
Port: 5055
Protocol: UDP

Thanks

Answers

• Tobias
    Tobias admin
    edited June 2021
    You may have to set the serialization protocol in the client, if you don't use the latest Photon Server SDK build as server.
    Set the LoadBalancingClient.SerializationProtocol to SerializationProtocol.GpBinaryV16, before you connect.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Hi @Paul_1,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Make sure the server is started.
    Which Server SDK version do you use? What @Tobias mentioned is relevant only for v4.
    You need a license to start Photon Server v5.

or if the server is already started but fails only during room creation, then this is probably an issue with GameServer IP configuration which can be done from PhotonControl or manually. See here.
  • Hi,
    Thank you for answering!
    So I updated Photon Server to version 5, changed IP configuration, but now I am getting an error "Receive issue. State: Connected. Server: '127.0.0.1' ErrorCode: 10054 SocketErrorCode: ConnectionReset Message: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
    ". I checked on the internet if there is anything helpful, but didn't find anything. I am losing my mind. Is there anything I missed?
    Thanks
  • hi, @Paul_1

could you provide us logs from bin_Win64/log folder and from deploy/log folder?

best,
    ilya
  • Hi
    Logs are uploaded here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AIPuwQTWl5ExDoTwzR17FBvnfzk8EfjA/view?usp=sharing. If you need anything else, please, let me know.
    Thanks
  • in logs I do not see anything that is preventing you from connection. What port was used to connect?

best,
    ilya
  • Hi,
    I am using default ports, so I think it is 5055. I didn't change anything, so ports should be fine. It is something else that is weird. When I want to set Game Server IP Config to Local, it does not want to change. Also when I want to set IP to Public it returns error: "object reference not set to an instance of an object". Does Photon not know what public IP I have? In the selected IP it says "Current IP:"" (autodetect public)". Does that tell you anything?
    Thanks