Room List Updating/Accuracy

I'm facing an issue of having an accurate (up to date) list of custom rooms being displayed to a player at ALL times. When the player first joins the lobby, they successfully get a list of all the open and visible rooms. That list does update as needed while the player is in the lobby. However, once the player joins a room, and then leaves that room, the list loses it's ability to stay accurate.

What I've deduced is going on is that OnRoomListUpdate() is not called when a player is in a room. Which makes sense. Why would that player need updates about other rooms when they're in a room? However, because they're not getting any updates about other rooms, when they leave their room, the list that they have cached is no longer accurate. The problem is, OnRoomListUpdate() does not get called, to make their cached list accurate, when the player leaves a room via PhotonNetwork.LeaveRoom().

Is there a built-in work-around for this that I have over-looked? Has anyone else already found a solution to this problem? Or is this an over sight on Photon's part?

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @DRRosen3,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

When the client leaves the room, simply rejoin the lobby.
    Inside OnConnectedToMaster call JoinLobby.
  • JohnTube wrote: »
    When the client leaves the room, simply rejoin the lobby.

Thanks for getting back to me quickly @JohnTube . I understand the solution; but just so that I understand what's going on behind the scenes... When a player enters a room and the subsequently leaves that room via PhotonNetwork.LeaveRoom() they are not returned to the default Lobby automatically?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    When a player enters a room and the subsequently leaves that room via PhotonNetwork.LeaveRoom() they are not returned to the default Lobby automatically?
    Yes the client simply leaves the room, disconnects from GameServer and connects back to MasterServer.
    You would have to join the lobby again manually explicitly.