[PV] OpusCodec.Encoder: System.DllNotFoundException: opus_egpv at (wrapper managed-to-native)

I keep getting this DllNotFoundException, right when I'm instantiating my photon voice view prefabs... I'm on Ubuntu 16.04, Unity 2020.3, and installed the latest release (March 15), after removing PUN, and making a clean import as recommended in the installation guide... Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Hi @andrlzpt,

Linux is not an officially supported platform as you can see on the list here.
    (You are the second customer who asked for them.)
    However we can provide you with the Linux libraries here.
    We will consider adding these to the default package.
    Please let us know if those work for you.

Thank you for your understanding and patience!

• Thanks a lot for the reply! Honestly, I skipped the supported platform section, because PUN2 worked perfectly right out of the box! I'll try the Linux libraries today, thanks again for the link!
  • Hey @JohnTube,

IT WORKED PERFECTLY! Thank you so much! It's truly the BEST solution out there!
    After removing the Photon folder, I simply re-imported Photon Voice 2 from the package manager and then imported the custom package and chose to overwrite files. The Demo Scene is still not loading, but it works as expected in my own scene and project.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @andrlzpt,

Could you help us fix the demo? It has been a while since we used Linux for development for Voice 2. The only developer who was using Linux left the team.

I think you mentioned some warnings? care to share some stack trace or screenshots or more details if you don't mind and have time.

We would also appreciate it if you update your rating in the review.

Thanks.
  • Hi @JohnTube,

Sure! I'll do whatever I can to help!

As soon as I load [ not having pressed play yet ] the Scene, I get 5 recovery objects in my Hierarchy, followed by these console warnings:
    Component at index 2 could not be loaded when loading game object 'OrthographicCamera'. Removing it!

Missing GameObject : Unity has detected a Transform component that is not assigned to a GameObject, and has created a new GameObject 'Recovery GameObject (433103777)' to contain the component.

Missing GameObject : Unity has detected a Transform component that is not assigned to a GameObject, and has created a new GameObject 'Recovery GameObject (813953029)' to contain the component.

Missing GameObject : Unity has detected a Transform component that is not assigned to a GameObject, and has created a new GameObject 'Recovery GameObject (58191263)' to contain the component.

Missing GameObject : Unity has detected a Transform component that is not assigned to a GameObject, and has created a new GameObject 'Recovery GameObject (35592487)' to contain the component.

Missing GameObject : Unity has detected a Transform component that is not assigned to a GameObject, and has created a new GameObject 'Recovery GameObject (868694937)' to contain the component.

Here's a sample of Unity's Editor.Log, edited from the point I launch the scene which you can find it in full
    here:

I get a bunch of these:
    Object GameObject (named 'Missing Prefab (Dummy)') has multiple entries of the same MeshCollider component. Removing it!

And then some of these:
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/andre/UnityEditors/2020.3.0f1/Editor/Data/Mono/lib/libPhotonCryptoPlugin
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/andre/UnityEditors/2020.3.0f1/Editor/Data/Mono/lib/libPhotonCryptoPlugin.so 

I'll try to tinker with the scene. I've just started with Unity a little more than a week ago, so I'm not yet very knowledgeable, but I'll do my best!

If there's anything else I can do, I mean if you'd have me try any solution, or take any steps and screen record, please don't hesitate to say so. I'll do it as promptly as I can.

Cheers,
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @andrlzpt,

Thanks a lot for your help!

Not sure why we don't get those.
    Maybe because we usually use Windows and occasionally macOS.
    And maybe we did not test enough with Unity 2020.3.X.

We will try to reproduce.
    Thanks again for your efforts and contribution!
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @andrlzpt,

Could you please import this custom package into your project that has latest Photon Voice 2 (2.24) and see if it fixes the PunDemoVoice scene issues?
  • Hi @JohnTube,

I've just tested it and it's working! I've also built for Android and everything is working as expected!
  • Hey, @JohnTube!

Linux user here, with a bit of feedback:

After updating to the latest version I got a build error:
    Plugin 'libopus_egpv.so' is used from several locations:
     Assets/Photon/PhotonVoice/PhotonVoiceLibs/Linux/x86_64/libopus_egpv.so would be copied to <PluginPath>/libopus_egpv.so
     Assets/Photon/PhotonVoice/PhotonVoiceLibs/Linux/x86/libopus_egpv.so would be copied to <PluginPath>/libopus_egpv.so
    Please fix plugin settings and try again.

Naturally, I deleted the x86 version, and it's been smooth sailing.

Also the warning:
    Assets/Photon/PhotonVoice/Code/Recorder.cs(1083,25): warning CS0162: Unreachable code detected

Which prompted me to remove the break statement, which removes the warning.

I was really glad to see official support for the platform back in March, and the previous update was seamless!

Cheers.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @andrlzpt,

Thanks for these.
    We will fix in the next update!