GetRegions Failed Error ( GetRegions failed. Can't provide regions list. )

I am using PUN 2 in latest version of UFE (Universal Fighting Engine). I am using Photon Cloud Service. I am adding App Id according to the document at https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/pun/v2/getting-started/initial-setup . But still I am getting following Error.
GetRegions failed. Can't provide regions list. ReturnCode: -2: Empty application id
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
Photon.Realtime.LoadBalancingClient:DebugReturn (ExitGames.Client.Photon.DebugLevel,string) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:2504)
Photon.Realtime.LoadBalancingClient:OnOperationResponse (ExitGames.Client.Photon.OperationResponse) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:2734)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback (ExitGames.Client.Photon.StreamBuffer) (at D:/Dev/Work/photon-dotnet-sdk/PhotonDotNet/PeerBase.cs:864)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands () (at D:/Dev/Work/photon-dotnet-sdk/PhotonDotNet/EnetPeer.cs:559)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands () (at D:/Dev/Work/photon-dotnet-sdk/PhotonDotNet/PhotonPeer.cs:1837)
Photon.Pun.PhotonHandler:Dispatch () (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonHandler.cs:223)
Photon.Pun.PhotonHandler:FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonHandler.cs:149)

Could you please help me in this.

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @prawinb,

Not sure how do you connect (which method do you call) but you should set the AppId before connecting.

If you use PhotonNetwork.ConnectUsingSettings:

This is done in ServerSettings ScriptableObject via inspector field from Unity Editor.
    or via code: PhotonNetwork.PhotonServerSettings.AppSettings.RealtimeAppId.

If you don't use PhotonNetwork.ConnectUsingSettings:

Set the AppId in PhotonNetwork.NetworkingClient.AppId;
  • Hi JohnTube,

Thanks for the reply. You are correct. AppId was not set before connecting. I set AppId by assigning it to NetworkingClient.AppId and the error is resolved. Thank you.