Join Room(226) not called because client is not connected or not ready yet. client state: joining

After a server session is created, most of the time, client can connect to the host, but sometimes it will have error "Operation Join Room(226) not called because client is not connected or not ready yet. client state: joining"
Can anyone help me the reason and how to fix it?

Answers

• Hi, I had the same issue. When my player leaves the room it needs to reconnect to the master server so it's great to wait for Join state in a callback (read the documentation for concrete callback). You cannot join the room if you are not in the lobby or joined to master server. That's why you are getting an error because you want to join a room while you're still joining to server. :smile:
  • Hello, I found this issue to happen following next steps:
    1. Launch exe, start a server
    2. Launch exe, start a client
    3. Launch exe, start a server
    4. Play on Unity editor, start a client. Error:
    (Note it only happens in editor, if it is an exe it works ok)

Operation JoinRoom (226) not called because client is not connected or not ready yet, client state: Joining
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
    BoltLog/UnityWriter:BoltLog.IWriter.Error (string)
    BoltLog:Error (string)
    BoltInternal.BoltCore:UdpLogWriter (uint,string)
    UdpKit.UdpLog:Write (uint,string)
    UdpKit.UdpLog:Error (string,object[])
    UdpKit.Platform.Photon.Realtime.PhotonClient:DebugReturn (ExitGames.Client.Photon.DebugLevel,string)
    Photon.Realtime.LoadBalancingClient:CheckIfOpCanBeSent (byte,Photon.Realtime.ServerConnection,string) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:2313)
    Photon.Realtime.LoadBalancingClient:OpJoinRoom (Photon.Realtime.EnterRoomParams) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:1700)
    UdpKit.Platform.Photon.PhotonPoller/<JoinSessionRoutine>d__74:MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator,intptr)
  • Hi,

This may happen if you are not connected to the internet or some issues with the connection with the Photon Cloud.

- Which SDK version are you using?
    - Does this happens on every try? Or it occurs from time to time?

--
    Ramon Melo
    Photon Bolt Team