MacOS Build Fail: Microphone Usage Description is empty

Options
Hi, I am a bit new to Photon have built a simple FPS with voice chat, which works great every time for Windows, but when I try to build a version for mac I get the two errors:
Microphone class is used but Microphone Usage Description is empty. App will not work on macOS 10.14+.
UnityEditor.OSXStandalone.OSXDesktopStandalonePostProcessor:RenameFilesInStagingArea(BuildPostProcessArgs)
DesktopStandalonePostProcessor:SetupStagingArea(BuildPostProcessArgs, HashSet`1)
DesktopStandalonePostProcessor:PostProcess(BuildPostProcessArgs)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

and
Exception: A required capability description is not set.
UnityEditor.OSXStandalone.OSXDesktopStandalonePostProcessor.UpdateInfoPlist (UnityEditor.Modules.BuildPostProcessArgs args, System.String path, System.String executableName) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/OSXPlayer/Extensions/Managed/OSXDesktopStandalonePostProcessor.cs:236

Comments

• If you need any other info about the errors please feel free to ask.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @NetworkingWorker,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Read here.
  • Thank you. looking at the page you directed me to I have found it says:

"You need to add a "Microphone Usage Description" to your project's "Player Settings" under "Other Settings" -> "Configuration" section. This ensures that NSMicrophoneUsageDescription is added to the plist in the macOS application bundle package Contents. You could also modify that manually if you wish."

For some reason I have not been able to find the Microphone Usage Description field in unity. I am using Unity 2020.1.11f1 on a Windows computer. To build for mac should I use a Mac computer?
  • Thank you for your help.
  • Volfase
    Options
    Thank you for your help.

Did you get it working?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Volfase,

Could you tell us why it's not working for you and what you have tried so far?
    Maybe share description of the issue, Photon Voice version, Unity version, macOS version, etc.
  • Danhua
    Options
    Thank you. looking at the page you directed me to I have found it says:

"You need to add a "Microphone Usage Description" to your project's "Player Settings" under "Other Settings" -> "Configuration" section. This ensures that NSMicrophoneUsageDescription is added to the plist in the macOS application bundle package Contents. You could also modify that manually if you wish."

For some reason I have not been able to find the Microphone Usage Description field in unity. I am using Unity 2020.1.11f1 on a Windows computer. To build for mac should I use a Mac computer?

I got this experience too. I only found the place to set NSMicrophoneUsageDescription on MacBook, but it's not on Windows. Maybe @NetworkingWorker has another way to do it.