Loading Game Scene from Asset bundle in unity

I can't able load the scene on Boltnetwork server from asset bundle in streaming assets, which is not in Boltscenes, saying can't find the Scene index.
If it is possible to load game scene by asset bundle in Server, then is it possible to load the same scene in client? even the scene is not in the build settings.
As I am having different world to load on diferent games I want to load it from assetbundle. Is there any way or I have to add to Boltscenes?

Comments

• Hello @Mahesh_94 ,

By default, Bolt needs to be aware of all scenes being used in order to synchronize them over the network among all clients. That is mandatory. The scene synchronization is accomplished via the scene index, without the index, no scenes.

This is the Bolt way of maintaining Scene in sync but is not the only way.

Take a look at the Multi Scene Sample: https://github.com/BoltEngine/Bolt-Sample/tree/master/MultipleScenes

It shows how you can disable the Scene Auto Load (Auto Sync) and manage this by yourself, using Events to request certain scenes to be loaded by clients. You can start from there and adapt to your needs.

--
    Ramon Melo
    Photon Bolt Team
  • Thanks for the clarification @ramonmelo

• ramonmelo wrote: »
    Hello @Mahesh_94 ,

By default, Bolt needs to be aware of all scenes being used in order to synchronize them over the network among all clients. That is mandatory. The scene synchronization is accomplished via the scene index, without the index, no scenes.

This is the Bolt way of maintaining Scene in sync but is not the only way. mcdvoice

Take a look at the Multi Scene Sample: https://github.com/BoltEngine/Bolt-Sample/tree/master/MultipleScenes

It shows how you can disable the Scene Auto Load (Auto Sync) and manage this by yourself, using Events to request certain scenes to be loaded by clients. You can start from there and adapt to your needs.

--
    Ramon Melo
    Photon Bolt Team

What a great and, of course, well written post. It`s so useful…

• word counter:
    thanks for the clear, detailed explanation