Can I connect to more than one Room at a time?

Options
I'm considering using Photon Realtime for an upcoming project. One thing that's not clear to me is whether I can connect to multiple Rooms at the same time.

For example, if I'm making an open-world game, with the world divided into sectors (rooms), and I'm in sector A but near the border with sector B, I might want to connect to the room that represents sector B and start sending occasional updates about my state to players in that room.

Is this possible?

Comments

• I seem to have found my answer: you can connect one LoadBalancingClient to one Room, but you can have as many LoadBalancingClients as you like. Each one does count as a separate CCU, though.
  • neoneper
    Options
    JoeStrout wrote: »
    I'm considering using Photon Realtime for an upcoming project. One thing that's not clear to me is whether I can connect to multiple Rooms at the same time.

For example, if I'm making an open-world game, with the world divided into sectors (rooms), and I'm in sector A but near the border with sector B, I might want to connect to the room that represents sector B and start sending occasional updates about my state to players in that room.

Is this possible?

Hello. I would like to take your topic to the same question. I worked a long time ago with the photon MMO server. Now, this product no longer exists. So your logic for working with multiple rooms may work for me. I still don't quite understand the logic of this. Could you or someone else share that thought with me?

I intend to work with a single world and I am not interested in games that use environment logic. So it seems right to think that my world could be divided into rooms and to make things more realistic, to create a logic to connect a player to several rooms simultaneously. Logically, don't overdo it to keep the flow going. Perhaps 2 or at most 3 simultaneously and only for short periods. Transition periods.

Anyway! Reading the documentation for the various photon services, I was not convinced that the rooms can be used efficiently for this. There are apparently many limitations in the use of rooms that can easily impede this work logic.

I didn't understand exactly what was the solution you found in your answer. can you try to explain to me better how you solved this?