One of the clients in a room chat can't the other

Options
Tayná
Tayná
edited October 2020 in Photon Voice
I'm building a scape room with 2 players and one needs to talk with the other through a voice chat. I'm currently using Photon Voice 2.

The problem occurs sporadically when the 2 players enter the room and only one of them seems to not be able to detect the remote voice stream from the other, so it doesn't create a remote speaker. As a result, just one of the players can be heard.

Does anyone have a similar problem? Am I doing Something wrong? There is no crash or error message.

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Tayná,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

What Photon Voice 2 version is this?

First make sure clients are joined to the same room (Lobby, GameId), connected to the same server (Region) and connected to the same virtual app (AppId, AppVersion).
    See Matchmaking Checklist.

You can increase logs (of all components) and look for warnings or other.

If you use PUN 2 integration with Photon Voice 2; you could also make use of VoiceDebugScript (simply call VoiceDebugScript.CantHearYou on the person (GameObject with PhotonView/PhotonVoiceView) that cannot be heard).
  • Tayná
    Options
    Hi @JohnTube,

I'm using the latest version of photon voice, v2.21. The first time the chat room is created everything is ok. Players connected, the audio stream can be heard from both sides. The problem is when the Master player leaves the room and rejoin the match. Once this happens, the old master can't hear the player that stays and became the new master. Even tho the log shows that both of them are being detected in the same room.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Tayná,

The issue is not clear.
    Photon Voice does not handle master clients in any special way.
  • Tayná
    Options
    I've been testing with different devices and android versions. Devices with Android 8 have some errors in common. They are the ones that don't give microphone feedback.

They return this:
    2020/10/23 17:27:18.152 14327 14381 Error IAudioFlinger createRecord returned error -1
    2020/10/23 17:27:18.152 14327 14381 Error AudioRecord createRecord_l(-481296384): AudioFlinger could not create record track, status: -1
    2020/10/23 17:27:18.153 14327 14381 Error AudioRecord-JNI Error creating AudioRecord instance: initialization check failed with status -1.
    2020/10/23 17:27:18.153 14327 14381 Error android.media.AudioRecord Error code -20 when initializing native AudioRecord object.

• vadim
    vadim mod
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Hi Tayná,
    Please check if audio recording permission is added in manifest.
    The issue is discussed here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20693001/audioflinger-could-not-create-record-track-status-1-need-help-to-ifx