Voice issue

Hi Team,
I am facing a problem while using a photon voice some time one player is not able to hear another player but the other player is able to hear.
while debugging I came to know that SimpleSpeakerFactory method is not getting called this method belongs to VoiceConnection class.

I did cross-check
1.use Photon microphone type
2.add WebRtcAudioDsp component next to the Recorder component (at compile time or at runtime before recorder is
started) being used and enable "AGC" (Automatic Gain Control)
3.add MicAmplifier component next to the Recorder component (at compile time or at runtime before the recorder is started) being used and tweak its values.
4. same Region
5.Room name

Please help me out to resolve voice issues. I have purchased 100CCU plan .Need to deliver the Application to the client on time.

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Hi @ganicus,
    while debugging I came to know that SimpleSpeakerFactory method is not getting called this method belongs to VoiceConnection class.

how do you use Photon Voice 2? with or without PUN 2 integration? (PhotonVoiceNetwork / PhotonVoiceView?)

factory is not called on player A means that the Recorder is not recording (yet) on player B.
    do you change the default factory? I guess not.

player B (who can hear player A but cannot be heard by player A) can test with Recorder.DebugEcho to try hearing himself.

you can increase log level of Recorder or VoiceConnection/PhotonVoiceNetwork and check the logs.

make sure Recorder.IsInitialized, Recorder.IsRecording, Recorder.TransmitEnabled are true.
    1.use Photon microphone type
    2.add WebRtcAudioDsp component next to the Recorder component (at compile time or at runtime before recorder is
    started) being used and enable "AGC" (Automatic Gain Control)
    3.add MicAmplifier component next to the Recorder component (at compile time or at runtime before the recorder is started) being used and tweak its values.
    All these are not needed in this case if the SpeakerFactory is not called at all.
    It means player A did not receive the event from player B that the Recorder started recording (creation of a new voice stream).
    4. same Region
    5.Room name
    Good, you need to always make sure clients can communicate and are in the same room. Don't forget AppId/AppVersion.

what Photon Voice 2 version is this?
    what Unity version is this?
    what is the target platform?
    did you test this in Unity Editor or on a build?
    what device/platform/model/OS did you test this on?