Photon Voice 2.20 - error with iOS

fastict
fastict
edited August 2020 in Photon Voice
Hi, we upgraded to version 2.20 and we're getting errors when compiling on iOS. Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Here's the log:

45: ▸     error = AudioSessionSetProperty(kAudioSessionProperty_OverrideAudioRoute,
46: ▸ ⚠;️  /BUILD_PATH/xxxxxxxx/temp20200820-7051-5lz6bx/Libraries/Dependencies/Photon/PhotonVoice/PhotonVoiceLibs/iOS/Photon/ForceToSpeaker.m:30:22: 'AudioSessionGetProperty' is deprecated: first deprecated in iOS 7.0 - no longer supported [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
47: ▸     OSStatus error = AudioSessionGetProperty(kAudioSessionProperty_AudioRoute, &routeSize, &route);
48: ▸ ❌;  ld: bitcode bundle could not be generated because '/BUILD_PATH/xxxxxxxx/temp20200820-7051-5lz6bx/Libraries/Dependencies/Photon/PhotonVoice/PhotonVoiceLibs/iOS/libwebrtc-audio.a(wrapper.o)' was built without full bitcode. All object files and libraries for bitcode must be generated from Xcode Archive or Install build for architecture arm64
49: ▸ ❌;  clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Comments

• I noticed 2.20.1 was released today. I updated to that and the problem remains.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Hi @fastict,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

We will rebuild the iOS libraries with "full" bitcode option enabled.

In the meantime you could:

- remove Photon Voice libraries that are not bitcode compliant.
    - do not build your iOS app with bitcode option enabled.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!
  • @JohnTube
    Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the next release!
    Just fyi, we are building on Unity Cloud Build for generating our iOS builds.
  • Hi, @JohnTube
    I'm run into the same issue building ios on unity cloud. (Unity 2019.4.9)
    1 - When bitcode option==disabled, build gets done without issues, but can't beat apple store validation (want to test through Testflight).
    There is error ITMS-90700 (you included arm64 executable "appname.app" in your ios bundle. Only ios executables can be included).
    2 - I'm a bit confused about your second tip: " - remove Photon Voice libraries that are not bitcode compliant.". Please, can you explain more for a ios newbies

P.S. When a new version with "full bitcode option enabled" will be available on the asset store?

Cheers!
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Hi @eDmitriy,

Thank you for choosing Photon!
    2 - I'm a bit confused about your second tip: " - remove Photon Voice libraries that are not bitcode compliant.". Please, can you explain more for a ios newbies
    No need please update to 2.21.
    There is error ITMS-90700 (you included arm64 executable "appname.app" in your ios bundle. Only ios executables can be included).
    hmm this is new. is this a roadblock?
    P.S. When a new version with "full bitcode option enabled" will be available on the asset store?
    @everyone: please retry with Photon Voice 2.21.

Photon Voice 2.21 was submitted yesterday so it may still be in review process.
  • JohnTube wrote: »
    Photon Voice 2.21 was submitted yesterday so it may still be in review process.
    2.21 available now. And it's working!