IPv6 for Unity iOS Exports

Options
1235»

Comments

• nxtboyIII
    Options
    Hi,
    is there anything against the apple developer guidelines for changing the protocol to TCP while in review and then changing it back to UDP after being in review and approved? Because in a way it changes the functionality of the app only for the Apple app reviewers.
  • tiktakgames
    edited May 2020
    Options
    hi, Apple rejected my app 6 in a row. the toldme that is not working, and trying some different things , now i found this post.
    There error is failed connect to photon client time out.
    1.Can you write the exactly solution?
    Now im uploading with TCP fro trying.
    2.Also it is a problem use TCP? or it is ok?
    3.Is it possible chante TCP or UDP online? or only in the code?

Regards
  • skon
    Options
    hi, Apple rejected my app 6 in a row. the toldme that is not working, and trying some different things , now i found this post.
    There error is failed connect to photon client time out.
    1.Can you write the exactly solution?
    Now im uploading with TCP fro trying.
    2.Also it is a problem use TCP? or it is ok?
    3.Is it possible chante TCP or UDP online? or only in the code?

Regards

did apple accepted your game after change the protocol to TCP ?
  • Tobias
    Options
    Everyone,
    We are communicating with Apple on this topic. Right now, we would need the Apple ID of a rejected game as sample of what so many of you encounter.

If you got a game in review at Apple and it's rejected due to networking (UDP connections), let us know the Apple ID, team name and title (ofc) via mail: developer@photonengine.com.

Thanks.
  • MaverickTC
    Options

Apple rejected my app. I explanied the situation and resubmit but It is rejected again.

We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPhone and iPad running iOS 13.6 on Wi-Fi.

Specifically, your app failed to connect to the server after we tap the DRIVE button.

• Tobias
    Options
    @MaverickTC, if you tested the app successfully on wifi and mobile network, let us know the Apple AppId, the title name and your company name. All via mail to: developer@photonengine.com. We think this is an issue with the testing setup at some facilities.

The recent PUN 2 versions have a Transport Protocol Fallback, which should help avoid being rejected.
  • MaverickTC
    edited August 2020
    Options

@Tobias
    I sent mail. My PUN version currently 2.13. Can that be version related problem? If I switch to TCP Will it be approved?
    Thank You.

• MaverickTC
    Options

Updating to the latest one resolved it. It's approved.
    Thank You.

• Tobias
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. We also mailed someone at Apple, so we hope this is no longer an issue.
  • cooldevelopers01
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hi
    I'm getting the same issue.
    1st time : My game gets rejected from the app store. They told us about this issue.
    "We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPhone and iPad running iOS 14.0 on Wi-Fi.
    Specifically, the app loaded indefinitely upon launch when we attempted to play as a guest or Sign in with Apple, Facebook or ID"

After this we have uploaded new IPA with setup TCP connection but again rejected then got issue "Something went wrong check internet connection"

2nd time: This message got from apple.
    "Specifically, the app displayed an error message when we attempted to play the game."

Everything is worked on our end. Maybe this issue related to IPv6 or any other. We used PUN version v1.101.

Please let me know if anyone have any idea? Or can i update PUN2?
  • Weerawee
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm getting the same issue as well. (I use PUN Classic) My app always gets rejected from App Store. They said
    We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPad running iOS 14.0.1 on Wi-Fi.
    During our review, we still found that your app still prompts back to the login screen once entered all the username and password.

But when I tried with my iPhone, iPad it worked perfectly fine. So I resubmitted with a plugin that could display console log on screen, the screenshots they sent back to me showed this error
    TimeoutDisconnect while connecting to: ns.exitgames.com:5058.

I tried blocking port 5058 on my router, I got the same error. Then, from the official website, I found out that ports 5058 and 27000 were for Client to Nameserver (UDP).
    I want to know how to switch Client to Nameserver port from 5058 to 27000 (I hope it can fix the problem the review team found and let my game approved) or any idea to fix this error? (They also rejected the version that I switched protocol to TCP too)
    Thank you
  • hesilling
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm getting the same issue as well.

Unity 2018.2.12f1

Photon server version 4.0.28.2962
    PUN version 1.91

Tried Add IPAddressIPv6="::" to each xListener in "PhotonServer.config".
    Tried UDP and TCP
    Tested on NAT64 - Login success but create room faild

2. 1 Performance: App Completeness

Guideline 2.1 - Performance - App Completeness

We discovered one or more bugs in your app. Specifically, your app produced an error upon attempting to connect to your servers. Please review the details below and complete the next steps.

Review device details:

- Device type: iPad

- OS version: iOS 14.4

Steps to reproduce:

- Launch App

- Receive error regarding connecting to your servers
    -
  • Tobias
    Tobias admin
    edited March 2021
    Options
    PUN v1.91 is outdated even for PUN Classic.
    For question about the Photon Server setup, you have to ask in the server subforum or mail us: [url="mailt://developer@photonengine.com"]developer@photonengine.com[/url].

Apple will reject multiplayer games frequently. The only known approach is to involve developer support. They usually get things tested properly and they pass. But do make sure your app passes the tests that are linked-to on the first page of this discussion. Setup a Mac with a WiFi, which only has IPv6 addresses for mobiles (but does support DNS64/NAT64, as described by Apple).

How to use the Alternative Ports is described on the docs.
  • hesilling
    Options
    Tobias wrote: »
    PUN v1.91 is outdated even for PUN Classic.
    For question about the Photon Server setup, you have to ask in the server subforum or mail us: [url="mailt://developer@photonengine.com"]developer@photonengine.com[/url].

Apple will reject multiplayer games frequently. The only known approach is to involve developer support. They usually get things tested properly and they pass. But do make sure your app passes the tests that are linked-to on the first page of this discussion. Setup a Mac with a WiFi, which only has IPv6 addresses for mobiles (but does support DNS64/NAT64, as described by Apple).

How to use the Alternative Ports is described on the docs.

Thanks!
    PUN Update to 1.103.1,Use TCP.
    We pass!
  • moaz0004
    Options
    I am facing same issue for PhotonV2.22. i.e. Rejection for IOS. Tried it with TCP as well. I have tested the App it works fine on my side.