Photon Microphone support for Oculus Quest

I have built the Photon 'DemoVoicePUN-scene' demo for Voice 2 in Unity and added support for Oculus Quest. I managed to get it working well using the 'Unity Microphone' setting but noticed that the audio quality - although very good, is not quite matching the Oculus Party chat quality (I increased it 48KHz + 45Kmb/s too). I assumed that this might be something to do with the noise cancelation and so tried to enable the Photon Mic option instead of the Unity mic, but then I get no audio at all. Does the Photon Mic support Quest? Is it likely to improve the voice quality, or should I be looking at other mechanisms?

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @RR_Simon,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

We will investigate and try to reproduce why Photon Microphone did not work on the Oculus Quest.

In the meantime, could you try DemoVoiceUI scene instead and try changing the Photon Microphone being used?
  • Just bumping this as I've also been trying to get the Photon mic working on Quest. Can own microphone is off and it works with Unity Mic.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hi @lmartell,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

What Photon Voice version is this?
    Do you see errors or other useful logs from the Recorder when you use Photon microphone type?
  • Voice v2.17 and PUN 2.18.
    No errors or any log messages related to voice at all. Photon Microphone won't work on Quest build or in the editor (through Oculus link) but switching it to Unity works fine. Just worried we'll run into some of the other documented issues with the Unity mic.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

Photon Microphone type support is officially not available for Oculus for the time being.
    We will investigate this further but we cannot promise anything nor give you any ETA.

Thank you for your understanding and comprehension.