Unity 2019 + PUN2 + Playmaker = Error CS0117

Hello,

I will explain what I have done to obtain 6 errors with a new project as I plan to make a little multiplayer game.

Let's go step by step

1- I create a new project in Unity 2019.2.19f1 (64-bit)
2- I imported Playmaker v1.9.0.p19
3- I imported Playmaker Ecosystem
4- I Imported PUN2 from the Asset Store tab inside Unity

Everything is alright and then :

5- I import "Play Maker Pun2" from the ecosystem.

Now I have the following 6 errors :

Assets\PlayMaker PUN 2\Scripts\Utils\PlayMakerPhotonLUT.cs(84,22): error CS0117: 'ClientState' does not contain a definition for 'ConnectedToGameServer'

Assets\PlayMaker PUN 2\Scripts\Utils\PlayMakerPhotonLUT.cs(85,22): error CS0117: 'ClientState' does not contain a definition for 'ConnectedToMasterServer'

Assets\PlayMaker PUN 2\Scripts\Utils\PlayMakerPhotonLUT.cs(87,22): error CS0117: 'ClientState' does not contain a definition for 'ConnectingToGameServer'

Assets\PlayMaker PUN 2\Scripts\Utils\PlayMakerPhotonLUT.cs(89,22): error CS0117: 'ClientState' does not contain a definition for 'ConnectingToMasterServer'

Assets\PlayMaker PUN 2\Scripts\Utils\PlayMakerPhotonLUT.cs(92,22): error CS0117: 'ClientState' does not contain a definition for 'DisconnectingFromGameServer'

Assets\PlayMaker PUN 2\Scripts\Utils\PlayMakerPhotonLUT.cs(93,22): error CS0117: 'ClientState' does not contain a definition for 'DisconnectingFromMasterServer'

As I know nothing about coding I cannot understand if I have done something wrong.
If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated ^^

If I remember correctly I have tried with this 3 Unity versions and I have a set of errors for each one.
Unity 2019.2.19f1 (64-bit)
Unity 2019.1.0f2 (64-bit)
Unity 2018.3.11f1 (64-bit)

Bye,
NewTo

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @NewTo,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Could you post PlayMaker question on the official PlayMaker forum here.
    I think you would get help faster there.
    Thanks.
  • Hello JohnTube,
    Thanks for the advice, I did it.
    Im not used to post on forums ^^

Here is the link if someone is interested in the future.
    https://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=21609.0

Bye,
  • Hi,

It seems that you haven't imported Pun 2 itself, maybe you imported pun classic?

I just tested in the same way, fresh project, etc , and all is well:

sljL6i0.png

Bye,

Jean
  • Hello Jean,
    Thanks for your answer.

So let's try again,
    I will write as I'm trying

I create a new fresh project with Unity 2019.2.19f1
    I go to the asset store tab, I import PUN 2 - FREE
    I import Playmaker v1.9.0.p19, I install it.
    I import ecosystem and I download Play maker Pun2 package

And I have the same 6 errors...

So I will try to download Unity 2019.3.0f5 to have the same setup as you.
    The hub ask me if I want to download some modules too, like "UWP BUILD SUPPORT" "Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017" and so on.
    Do I need to choose something from this list ?
  • Same thing happened to me with the Unity 2019.3.0f5...

Do I need to download a module or something in order for this to work ?
  • Hi,

Uhm... something is very odd, I am not sure what's going on here. It looks to me that pun is not installed properly.

if you only import pun 2 free, does the demo works? can you publish them as well?

Bye,

Jean
  • NewTo
    NewTo
    edited January 2020
    Yeah when I delete "playmaker PUN2" folder I can load the PUN2 demos and it works.
    When you ask me to publish them, I don't really understand. Do you want me to upload the project somewhere ?

Edit : I can use the "build and run" it works, everything is working without the Play maker Pun2 package from the ecosystem.
  • NewTo
    NewTo
    edited January 2020
    What should I try ? I've deleted everything, downloaded Unity 2019.3.0f6 (64-bit) and I have the same errors.

Maybe you could upload your project without errors for me to try.
    Maybe I could upload my project with errors for you to try ?
  • Hi,

Yes, please send me your project with the errors.

Bye,

Jean
  • Hello,

I have sent you a link with the project as a private message.
    Im not used to all this so I hope it'll be good for the download.

Bye,
    NewTo
  • Hi,

you have an old version of pun 2, that's why, please update the asset on the asset store and import pun 2 again, you need the v2.16

abFc8iq.png
  • Hello Jean,
    I did not really understand the sentence "update the asset on the asset store"
    I created an account and I then had an icon to update that I did not have before.

Everything is working now,
    Thanks alot !
    Bye,

NewTo