Photon Voice And OVRLipSync does not work

I'm having trouble making Photon Voice and OVRLipSync work together. I saw a couple of forums and seeing a lot of inquiries about this. It's either photon voice or OVRLipSync is overriding the microphone initialization done by the other plugin. I see that PhotonVoice initializes a microphone then OVRLipSync does the same thing which overrides the first one and causes PhotonVoice to stop working. I tried modifying the class for the OVRLipSync to read the one from PhotonVoice and can't seem to make it work as well. It seems like you can only make one work or the other. Is there something that I need to do to make them both work otherwise, are there any other alternatives?

Answers

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Jun,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Could you try:

1. using MicrophoneType Photon in the Recorder in Photon Voice 2.
    2. disabling the "Can Own Microphone"? It could be preventing Photon Voice Recorder from accessing the microphone properly. you can find it here:
    "LocalAvatarWithGrab" or "+LocalAvatar" GameObject -> "Ovr Avatar (Script)" component -> "Can Own Microphone" checkbox, un-check it.
  • Hi @JohnTube,

Sorry I did not mention that I'm using Photon v1.23, will that have the same setup? Thanks

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Jun,

Yes.
    1. using MicrophoneType Photon in the PhotonVoiceRecorder in Photon Voice Classic.
    2. disabling the "Can Own Microphone"? It could be preventing Photon Voice Recorder from accessing the microphone properly. you can find it here:
    "LocalAvatarWithGrab" or "+LocalAvatar" GameObject -> "Ovr Avatar (Script)" component -> "Can Own Microphone" checkbox, un-check it.