Replying to photon publisher from unitys page yesterday...

Photon 2 sucks not compatible with unity been trying to place simple photonview avatars in game with unity 2019 for 20days &20 nights,MAJOR WASTE OF VALUABLE TIME!..if you want to get stuck pulling out all your hair and ready to quit gamedev,then get this retarded photon package is for you!smh..

This package is compatible with all Unity Public releases starting with 2017.4.7. Please make sure you use our forum (https://forum.photonengine.com/categories/unity-networking-plugin-pun) and create a new post explaining your issue with as many details as possible or get in touch with us directly via developer@photonengine.com.

Once we resolved your issue please leave a review and rating, thanks.

If you resolve my issue,ill change my name to PHOTONS GREAT IN REAL LIFE!..lol...

heres the issue: I properly initialize photon& set up local players movement with the "photonview.IsMine" everywhere, where i need to separate local player movements, from all other players.Then i use rpc call to show their movements online to all "PV.RPC("RotateView", RpcTarget.All);..".EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECTLY WITH 1 PLAYER ONLINE,BUT AS SOON AS A SECOND PLAYER ENTERS LEVEL BOTH THEIR CONTROLS GET WACKY!! AND DONT WORK, THEY STUPIDLY BEGIN SLIDING UP AND DOWN SCREEN GOING PASS EACHOTHER BACK AND FORTH,FOR INFINTITY! & CAN NOT BE CONTROLLED THEY JUST MOVE UP&DOWN Z AXIS AND BOUNCE

AROUND SCREEN WITH FROZE CONTROLS!!..I even removed rpc call to debug & see if there would be a change?still same sliding up and down..I rearranged my code in 100 different ways,LITERALLY OVER THE 20 DAYS&NIGHTS implementing THE WAY YOU GUYS SAY TO USE THIS PHOTON PLUGIN....BUT IT JUST DOESNT WORK!!...I was trying to put my indie game out for christmas but looks like because of photon & my lack of being God, knowing ALL,& everything in the universe, to be able to figure out how to use your photon plugin,looks like im going to be a failure and homeless again for Christmas!.....SMHFH.............

Comments

• Hi,

You should first go over our basic tutorial to figure out by examples how Pun works:

I am not sure why you want to send rpc for rotation, we have a ready made component called PhotonTransformView that you drop on your network player, and when observed by the photonView will automatically synchronize your players across the network, and indeed you then need to active User control on the instance where isMine is true.

that's about it really. Maybe you overcomplicated things as you tried to figure it out. I would recommend you start a fresh project and make a simple network player as a cube moving around. once you have the basics in place, work your way up in complexity.

Bye,

Jean

• Thank you for the reply jean,maybe your right.Maybe i have over complicated things?......Im going to just remove all my scripts, excluding the movement controls,& just place a cube,with photonview on it,and PhotonTransformView in the observed components slot,use photonv.ismine to seperate local players across the network in my script, and see what happens..I placed a cube with photonview on it this is the outcome ,I keep getting this error and it destroys my second instantiated photon Avatar:

(even though i have a transform observed compenet in photonslot) PLEASE HELP ME ITS LIKE IM A ANT NOW I HAVE GOT EVERYTHING IN CODING I LEARNED BUT IT JUST WONT WORK.. :( ...... )

UnassignedReferenceException: The variable ObservedComponents of PhotonView has not been assigned.You probably need to assign the ObservedComponents variable of the PhotonView script in the inspector.

Photon.Pun.PhotonView.SerializeComponent (UnityEngine.Component component, Photon.Pun.PhotonStream stream, Photon.Pun.PhotonMessageInfo info) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonView.cs:368)

Photon.Pun.PhotonView.SerializeView (Photon.Pun.PhotonStream stream, Photon.Pun.PhotonMessageInfo info) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonView.cs:330)

Photon.Pun.PhotonNetwork.OnSerializeWrite (Photon.Pun.PhotonView view) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonNetworkPart.cs:1586)

Photon.Pun.PhotonNetwork.RunViewUpdate () (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonNetworkPart.cs:1515)

Photon.Pun.PhotonHandler.LateUpdate () (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonHandler.cs:155)

• I made a video of everything for better details...

heres the problem im having PLEASE HELP ME...... :( youtu.be/lFiQEKYFKrs

• jeanfabre
    jeanfabre mod
    edited December 2019

Hi,

Ok, let's start with the obvious.

-- We would appreciate a different user name than "photonSucks", doesn't really feel good nor fair to request support in this context.

-- Same with the current review. Leave a review ( for any assets, not just our), after you have gone through support, then if you are still not happy, that's fair to leave a critical review.

-- No need for all caps text, it's also not helping.

-- you need to switch your approach to Unity and network development, Networking is difficult because you have new concepts to learn, you need to understand that there is a learning curve, and we are here to help you along the way.

so, onto helping:

-- do you understand the concept of photonView and observables? a photonView can control a component to synchronize values across the network so that when a player moves, instances of that player on other machines do the same thing.

I think you are simply not implementing the iPunObserable interface in your component.

please read this section of the basic tutorial, it will explain how to create your own custom observable components to sync custom values.

https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/pun/current/demos-and-tutorials/pun-basics-tutorial/player-networking#beams_fire_control

Let me now how it goes and we'll take it from there.

Bye,

Jean