Photon Refreshing Authentication Token

Options
Hi guys, I have a problem with a project. I have a server like application in Unity. The app is always connected to the Master Server and to lobby. It is checking if a new room has been created and joins to it. The problem is the time between game rooms may vary and after a certain amount of time waiting in lobby, I can not join a room. It says authentication token is expired and I disconnect and reconnect to the master server/lobby to get a new token.

I made some research and saw some posts about raising events/RPC's periodically but I am not in a game room and I believe I can not raise events etc. in lobby.

How can I refresh my authentication token or stay active in the lobby so my token won't get expired?

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @atriko,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

The token refresh happens only on Game Server (room) only.
    I don't think it's possible on Master Server (lobby).

Maybe @chvetsov can add more here?
  • atriko
    Options
    Hello @JohnTube,

Thank you for your answer.

Is there any workaround for this you can think of? Can you tell me what are the cases that a connected client loses it's token?

I am thinking about creating a room and leaving it just to refresh it. Do you think this can be useful?
  • chvetsov
    Options
    hi, @atriko

When you connected to master there is no mechanism to update token if you stay connected a long time. You get a new token with Auth response only.

On GS if you joined a game you will get automatic updates for the token if you stay the quite long

best,
    ilya
  • atriko
    Options
    @chvetsov

Thank you for your response. I guess I will think about another solution for this. But your response was really helpful.

Have a nice day