How does MmoDemo work?

Options
Hello everyone!

I'm really interested to know how MmoDemo works as I'm trying to create a new game which is based off the same approach. What I want to know specifically, is how do the DLLs work...

MmoDemo project has a Visual Studio solution containing various DLL projects, and a unity project. I've setup something similar with a Unity solution which includes my main Unity project code, and a client DLL project. I build the client DLL, which then is automatically copied over to my Unity projects assets/plugin folder, and is used in my game. However, when I tried to use the DLL to connect to the server, it crashes my Unity. I use debugging tools in VS to pause execution, but when I try to inspect objects in the DLL code, Unity crashes!

I'm unsure what's occuring, and struggling to diagnose it with the crashes which produce no error warnings or other useful feedback. I'm guessing perhaps it's a misconfiguration of some sort. I have my unity project to API Compatibility of 4.x, and likewise with the target .NET framework. In the DLLs, I target the latest .NET version available which is 4.8. something.

Does Photon Server require .NET 3.5 or something like that?

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• chvetsov
    Options
    Hi, @wooolly

I'm sorry to say that we do not support that project anymore. Even after significant simplification, it is still complex.
    What you could do is try to reuse some code from there: like World management, like interest management.

best,
    ilya
  • wooolly
    Options
    chvetsov said:

Hi, @wooolly

I'm sorry to say that we do not support that project anymore. Even after significant simplification, it is still complex.
    What you could do is try to reuse some code from there: like World management, like interest management.

best,
    ilya

Okay thanks anyway! :smile: