How to add components and being registered for other players?

Options
Hi,

First of all, sorry if this topic was already posted I couldn't manage to find it sorry.

I am making a RPG where I can apply status on enemies (like vulnerability bleed etc...) but all of those are components that I add on the GameObject of the enemy.
(for example I have a class bleed that I add on the GameObject of the player or the entity that is bleeding)

I am adding the created status to the list of the observed components but the only client that sees the photonview being actualize is the one that created the script.

Is there a way to bypass this? Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @DrCrab,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

You have two options, choose one or the other or combine:

- use PhotonNetwork.Instantiate instead of normal Instantiate. prefabs must have PhotonView component. too many PhotonView per player is not recommended although the default limit is already too high: 1000.
    - use RPC or RaiseEvent to tell everyone else to also instantiate same GameObject and the info necessary for that.
  • DrCrab
    Options
    I sadly can't use PhotonNetwork.Instantiate because what I need is just to add a component (I am litterally using the function in unity "gameObject.AddComponent()"). I don't need to upload the existence of a GameObject but of a Component(bleed) attached to a GameObject.

Is there a way to do it? :neutral:
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Use the second approach via RPC or RaiseEvent then.
    The client adding a component should tell the others via RPC or RaiseEvent to also add a component to the same GameObject.
  • DrCrab
    Options
    Sorry I didn't understand I'll test this! thanks you for your answer.
  • DrCrab
    DrCrab
    edited November 2019
    Options
    JohnTube said:

Use the second approach via RPC or RaiseEvent then.
    The client adding a component should tell the others via RPC or RaiseEvent to also add a component to the same GameObject.

It worked thanks a lot!