Invalid Application ID after Unity Crash

Unity crashed and now I am getting this error when trying to connect to the server:

OperationResponse 230: ReturnCode: 32767 (Invalid application id). Parameters: {} Server: NameServer Address: ns.exitgames.com:5058

I've done a few google searches all pointing me to set the App ID which is already done. Everything was working fine until Unity Crashed and then in a blind attempt to fix, I reset Best Region Preference. I have no Fixed Region set or whitelisted regions on the dashboard.

It seems Unity thinks my Photon Server settings are invalid characters or there is no string in that field.

I have restarted Unity and my Computer. I've tried another Photon Server as well, all to no avail.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated as I've been slamming my head on this for a few hours now! Thanks all!

Comments

• I just also noticed if I change the AppID via the PUN Wizard it reverts back to an old AppID (that is also valid).

Not sure if this will help further but figured it was worth a mention!
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Hi @CaptainRonRico,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

What PUN version are you using?
    What Unity version are you using?

You could log the AppId before and after trying to connect.
    PhotonNetwork.PhotonServerSettings.AppSettings.AppIdRealtime
    PhotonNetwork.NetworkingClient.AppId
    You could manually remove ServerSettings ScriptableObject and PUN will create a new one for you.
  • Hi John,

Thanks so much for your response. I will double check the AppID before and after connecting and give removing the ServerSettings ScriptableObject a go!
  • Thanks for the tips, John. This was solved by deleting the ServerSettings and rerunning the PUN Wizard.