Client creating a new room instead of joining the existing room

We are working on an AR multiplayer game in unity(2018.1.6f1) , where the first machine (laptop)to enter a network would act as our server(PhotonNetwork.CreateRoom) and the next 2 devices(mobile) will join the existing room created(using masterclient). We are using Pun 2.6 version.
At times the client is acting as a server( I'm assuming it is creating a new room instead of joining the existing room ) . I couldn't figure out any anomalies in the Photon dashboard.
Below are the different options tried:
1. Sometimes the issue is resolved after waiting for a duration of time
2. Created a new application in Photon dashboard and used the new app Id in photon server settings( This was a temporary fix)
3. Updated the Fixed Region to one specific region in Photon server settings. Issue is not replicated after this change. But I am not sure if this is a correct fix

I'm unable to figure out the root cause. Looking for any inputs/suggestions on this issue.
Please let me know if any more details are needed on the implementation.

Also, Is there any documentation to analyse the metrics on Photon Dashboard?

Thank you for your time.

Best Answer

Answers

• Thanks for your response @JohnTube. As of now, the issue is not replicated setting up a fixed region :smile:
    Also can you please let me know if there is any documentation on how to analyze the photon dashboard?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Sruthi,

Also can you please let me know if there is any documentation on how to analyze the photon dashboard?
    We only have this page.
  • Thank you @JohnTube