opJoinRoom() failed on local server

Options
Hello,

I'm trying to join a room but it seems something's wrong, I get the following error when I try to join the room when I use the photon local server, otherwise I can join the room :
opJoinRoom() failed: Join failed: UserId is not set, checkUserIdOnJoin=true expects a UserId.

Do you know of something that I can have missed ?

Comments

• benjaml
    Options
    I've found something that looks like a bug, when I start the loadbalancing application through the PhotonControl for the local server, on the connection it does not set a random UserId if I let an empty string.

I've tried to launch the loadbalancing application from the source and it does correctly set the userId to a random userId.

Don't know if this is a bug or a wrong configuration
  • Kaiserludi
    Options
    Hi @benjaml.

This is a known issue of the self-hosted Photon Server SDK, which will be fixed in the next release.

For the meantime you could just let the client set the userID to the current timestamp in ms (i.e. by passing the return value of GETTIMEMS()). This should be unique enough for development purposes.
    As far as I know you will use Photon Cloud in production anyways, which does not have this issue.

I've tried to launch the loadbalancing application from the source and it does correctly set the userId to a random userId.

Interesting observation. I was not aware of that. In that case just using the source-build would of cause work for development as well.