IP Address

Good afternoon everyone,

I work in a company where Photo TCP and UDP ports are locked for every IP address. I asked my company to open these ports in order to use Photon.

However, they can only open ports for specific IP addresses, so they need to know the Photon server address. I used PhotonNetwork.ServerAddress variable in order to see the IP address but I noticed that the address depends on the computer and depends on the host server.

Is it possible to use a specific IP address?
Or perhaps is it possible to get the list of all possible IP addresses?

Best regard,
Axel

Comments

• Hi,

we do not disclose IP ranges for the Public Cloud, as those constantly change.
    For your scenario there are two solutions
    a) use Enterprise Cloud - we can provide used IPs there
    b) use Photon Server and self host, so you have control over used IPs
  • Hi @Markus,

If I understand correctly, they are no possible free way to use Photon in a company in my case?
    Because, for the moment, I produce a simple experience application and it is just to know if the company can use Photon for the future.

Best regards,
    Axel
  • Hey Axel,

yes, there is. Photon Server has a free 100 ccu license that can be used for development/R&D purposes.
    If it is a commercial use case and continuously running you need a paid license.
    See https://dashboard.photonengine.com/en-US/SelfHosted
  • Hi @Markus,

Thank you for your answer,

I'm searching how to use it and how to use the photon cloud enterprise but I don't really understand how it works.
    If I understand, I am supposed to install and host my own server using the "Self-hosted server" solution.

On my side, I don't have a server or IP address where I could publicly store my application.
    I downloaded the license but I don't understand how I can use it.
    Does it work with the Unity software (and with the PUN application)?

Best regards,
    Axel
  • For starting with Photon Server please check https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/server/current/getting-started/photon-server-intro

PUN is the client side of your application.
    Photon Public Cloud or Photon Enterprise Cloud or Photon Server (self-host) are the server side of your application. Your client connects to one of these options.

> On my side, I don't have a server or IP address where I could publicly store my application.
    That would be a requirement for using Photon Server, yes