Does PUN work with Unity's LWRP and its experimental 2D lighting system

Options
I am writing a game based largely around lighting mechanics that takes advantage of LWRP's 2D Lighting, I wanted to know if it was possible to sync these lights across the network using PUN? It doesn't seem that the Photon View has any way to show such lights across network.

Comments

• OneManArmy
    OneManArmy ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    "I wanted to know if it was possible to sync these lights across the network using PUN? "
    Yes.

"It doesn't seem that the Photon View has any way to show such lights across network."
    You must read docs and study sample projects to understand how things can be synced.
  • Thank you for the response! I wanted to clarify, I am not using unity's standard lighting system opting rather to use LWRP's experimental 2D lighting, there isn't any documentation as of yet! Should I treat it the same way?
  • OneManArmy
    Options
    As i understand you think that Photon View can be attached to object and everything will be synced "automagically". If that's the case, then you are wrong. It doesn't work like this.

Can you control your lights via script?
    If yes, then you can sync lights with PUN.

All you have to do now is read docs and study sample projects.
  • Thank you again, you seem to be missing my question a bit and I am fully aware of how the Photon View works. PUN, however, has different tools to sync different things across network, particles and animations for instance. I know that it is possible to sync lights across network because standard lights are treated as GameObjects by Unity rather than Monobehavior scripts like the ones I am currently using. Once again there is no documentation on how these lights change the behavior nor are there sample projects to my knowledge, although it you have any I'd absolutely love them, I've used Photon for a while and am relatively familiar with how it is supposed to work, but I can't seem to get these *particular* lights to work so I suppose my question at this point is has anyone had any success with this specific scenario, these lights aren't controlled by scripts as you say but rather are scripts themselves designed to mimic ingame lighting to the best of my understanding of LWRP's 2D lighting design.
  • OneManArmy
    OneManArmy ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    are you talking about this?
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/experimental-2d-lights-and-shader-graph-support-in-lwrp.683623/

You can easily access and change all light parameters.
    Quick example with light intensity:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWKBmKmGfDo