Photon Server SocketErrorCode 10054

Options
Zelek
Zelek
edited September 2019 in Photon Server
I have been using Photon Server on an Amazon EC2 instance for a couple years without any problems, but tonight I updated to the latest version of Unity and PUN and I am now getting:

Receive issue. State: Connected. Server: '127.0.0.1' ErrorCode: 10054 SocketErrorCode: ConnectionReset Message: Connection reset by peer System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Connection reset by peer

My best guess is that's it's related to the Game Server IP Config. I have it manually set to 127.0.0.1, even though the local IP is different. The clients always connect from the same machine that the server is running on. My Photon.LoadBalancing.dll.config contents are here.

Any idea how I could go about debugging this further? I've checked all of the firewall ports, restarted Photon Control and restarted the service, no luck. It still works correctly on my local machine though, so I'm guessing it's related to how the Game Server IP Config works on the remote machine.

Comments

• chvetsov
    Options
    hi, @Zelek

Your config is fine. if you like to connect to same machine. What is your PhotonServer.config ?

best,
    ilya
  • Zelek
    Options
    Hi ilya,

Thanks so much for taking a look at this, I really appreciate it. I consulted with Unity Support this morning, and it turns out there was a temporary outage related to their Cloud Build service, which seems to have been the source of the issue. My latest builds are working correctly again and can connect to my self hosted Photon using 127.0.0.1.

Thank you for verifying that the config was correct!
  • chvetsov
    Options
    happy to read this

best,
    ilya