CCU and Data (1player 3gb...processing speed? Or data usage bandwidth?) I'm lost

I am planning to investing in photon for an Action Online Game, I am not sure what CCU means. I want to know what CCU means in terms of GB Data Traffic. From my calculations, 1 player has 3GB, and 20 players has 60. Does the 3GB Data means when the player enter a match and interact with others, the player will only be able to do so until 3GB data is consumed? As for CCU, does CCU mean how many play login at the same time? Like 2 people clicked the login button at the same moment, will that be what counts as 2 CCU. Or, does CCU means, 2 player who log in at different time?...or, does CCU means, 2 player who que for a match enter a single room and now that they are in the same room that counts as 2 CCU? I really want to understand this so I can make my dungeons and PvP and make them run fast. As I am making an action game and Wi-Fi data or bandwidth will be use at a fast pace... I'm think about 5v5 _pvp, 10v10_pvp, and10 man raids Max. So for example 5v5 is 10 CCU, if they are in the same lobby and load into the same room after... Moreover, the length of a match is dependent on how long a team can fill out a progress bar; by capturing and holding Objective, as for raid, how fast the team is...this could be from 10-30 min. So if 1 person has only 3gb, how long can 1 player play before he run out of GB data (online connectivity )and start piling up a budget?

Comments

• So I look things up some more so I dont feel too stupid...then i found out that 3GB is actually huge....
    So, please look at this for me, is this similar to photon pun services? can I put 5v5 in my game and because of this math, my players/testers will have a huge time to fully test my game?

"On Epic Games forums, gamers report using anywhere between 45 and 100 MB per hour playing Fortnite. That means a typical 15-minute game uses between 12 and 24 MB of mobile data. That isn't bad. Since there are about 1,000 MB per GB, you'd need to play between 40 and 85 games of Fortnite to use just 1 GB of mobile data
  • CCU and traffic are explained at https://www.photonengine.com/en-US/PUN/pricing

- a user counts as CCU as soon as he connects.
    - traffic counts incoming and outgoing data, your comparison with mobile network data is not clear on that, so I can't say if it's the same or not.
    - 3GB per CCU are included per month. But we can't tell you how much hours of game time it means, as it depends on your game and what you send receive per player.
  • Yes, you're right. Three gigabytes per player is quite enough, it is indeed a huge amount of memory.

• You have to think about your game plan and how much the users will be engaged. If the game is super exciting and a person spends on average two hours a day playing, then 3 GB is not that much. There are some serious gamers out there. I have friends that develop games, some of them are for VR/AR experience, but they can help you out with basic information. Usually, they do research and, depending on the game’s length, spend 3-6 months developing it. Be careful and back up your progress. They lost some progress last time, then almost paid salvagedata.com to restore it, but their guys could retrieve it themselves.