Construct 3 Don't find the Name Server (Self Hosted)

Hi at All

Sorry for my bad English.

I have the following problem:
When I start my game via Construct 3 and want to connect to the name server I get an error after about 10 seconds.

My specifications:
- Server SDK v4-0-29-11263
- Platform: Construct 3 (OS Windows 10)
- Server Machine: Windows Server 2019 Essentials
- Network Ipv4
All necessary port forwarding is configured. The server IP address is static. Dyn DNS is activated.

Please Help us.
We are not programers.
We are Noobs with a big dream o:)

Comments

• hi, @PlanlosStudios

What error do you get?

best,
    ilya
  • PlanlosStudios
    edited May 2019
    Hi @chvetsov

i Get this from my Console on Google Chrome.

Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1t_bUZHIpaX11SI3IEfPUOqPXkvZ1gr00?usp=sharing

I hope this can help or you need the logs of photon?

best,
    Philipp
  • Hi, @PlanlosStudios

are you able to connect with telnet to port 9090? what you are getting if you use this address and port as url in browser

best,
    ilya
  • PlanlosStudios
    edited May 2019
    Hi @chvetsov

Have tried it with telnet. When I enter my DynDNS + port 9090 he connects me to this address. The connection stays open for a few seconds, then it breaks off. Here is the picture with the successful connection.

Have also uploaded a picture of the url attempt. hope I did it as you meant.

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t_bUZHIpaX11SI3IEfPUOqPXkvZ1gr00

best,
    Philipp
  • Hi, @PlanlosStudios

if you are using our self-hosted SDK then it has setup for web socket connections but not for web socket secure connections.
    Try establish connection using `ws` prefix

best,
    ilya
  • Hi @chvetsov

I put wss at Photon in Construct on ws. Now the connection goes, unfortunately he loses it again because construct works only with wss. After that, I tried the tutorial from Photon called "Secure WebSockets Setup", but unfortunately "Start as application" in Photon does not work anymore.

Can you help me with that?

Is the tutorial still up to date or do I need to make additional adjustments?

best,
    Philipp
  • Hi, @PlanlosStudios
    yes, the tutorial should be up to date
    in order to see what the issue is you have to see your logs from bin_Win64/log folder

best,
    ilya
  • PlanlosStudios
    edited May 2019
    Hi, @chvetsov

Have the logs spotted. From this I read that the game 3 fails.

Error message: 16032: 18:21:38.815 - Game:3 - Start() failed. Exception:
    System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Das Konfigurationssystem konnte nicht initialisiert werden. ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Ein XML-Kommentar darf kein '--' enthalten, und '-' darf nicht das letzte Zeichen sein. Zeile 167, Position 9. (C:\Program Files\Photon\Photon-OnPremise-Server-SDK_v4-0-29-11263\deploy\LoadBalancing\GameServer\bin\Photon.LoadBalancing.dll.config line 167) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Ein XML-Kommentar darf kein '--' enthalten, und '-' darf nicht das letzte Zeichen sein. Zeile 167, Position 9.

Do not understand why this line caused an error because I did not do anything on this line. This is also a comment line like all others.

Logfiles here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t_bUZHIpaX11SI3IEfPUOqPXkvZ1gr00

Have already deleted the whole line once but still the same error.
    Have also reinstalled the entire server, this has unfortunately brought nothing.

best,
    Philipp
  • Hi @chvetsov

I solved the last problem. Unfortunately, I have another problem now.

I can start photon now. Unfortunately, I get the following error in the log file when I try to Construct to access the Self Hosted Server.

Error: 12072: 20:47:07.203 - CTCPWebSocketServer::OnError() - CFilteringStreamSocketConnectionManager::FilterReadCompleted() - Exception: CServerContext::ContinueHandshake() - Beim Verarbeiten des Zertifikats ist ein unbekannter Fehler aufgetreten.

Here is a screenshot of the error message when I try to reach the domain via Google Chrome.

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t_bUZHIpaX11SI3IEfPUOqPXkvZ1gr00

Can you help me with what I did wrong with the certificate? I did everything after the tutorial. I created the Self Signage Certificate with IIS.

best,
    Philipp
  • hi, @PlanlosStudios

well, it is difficult to say looking only on this error.
    Please follow this tutorial and troubleshooter.

https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/server/v4/operations/websockets-ssl-setup

if you will fail again, please provide server side logs

best,
    ilya

• Hi @chvetsov

I have solved the problem with the certificate after the troubleshooting tutorial and the certificate is now recognized.

Now we have a new error message in the logs (Handshake headers do not include headers: "upgrade" with value: "WebSocket"), which unfortunately I can't assign.
    I hope you can help us.

Here are the log files:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t_bUZHIpaX11SI3IEfPUOqPXkvZ1gr00

best,
    Joshua
  • Hi, @PlanlosStudios

What client lib are you using? Are you using something that we provide?

best,
    ilya
  • guys, please try to get it working with photon cloud. If you are not programmers, then it is easier for you to use PhotonCloud

best,
    ilya
  • Hi, @chvetsov
    What do you mean with the client lib.?
    Can you explan that?

best,
    Joshua
  • the client library is a set of tools which is used to connect to photon server. There are libraries for different languages: C++, C#, JS.

Well, I assume that you are using JS library underneath

so, you may skip this question

best,
    ilya
  • Hi, @chvetsov

Yeah we solved the problem. The Certificate was not good, but now it work all.
    Thanks for the great support. <3
    :)

best,
    Philipp
  • good news.
    thank you

best,
    ilya