Getting room state back.

Options
How should I get room state back when I have already forwarded it to web (using playfab webhooks)?

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Hi @Mahnoor47,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Assuming you saved the room state already somewhere, first load it.
    If you saved it as a stringified JSON or another format, parse it to its original format.

Return it in PathCreate webhooks in the "State" JSON property of the response:

{"ReturnCode":0, "State": state}

Read more:

Photon Realtime Webhooks
    PlayFab integration
    Example PlayFab CloudScript for Memory Demo.
  • Mahnoor47
    Mahnoor47
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @JohnTube I get you but..
    I don't know how to save room state( by room state I mean room properties and all), can you help with it?
    I have just done this to web forward it:
                Hashtable last = new Hashtable();
                last["WN"] = PhotonNetwork.player.NickName;
                Hashtable expectedValue = new Hashtable();
                PhotonNetwork.room.SetCustomProperties(last, expectedValue, true);
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Mahnoor47,

In the PathClose, Type="Save": save the State somewhere in PlayFab.
    I'm not sure what's the best practice nowadays, you should ask on their forum.
    When I did the Memory Demo CloudScript I used SharedGroups.
    So a room state would be, stripped first to not exceed PlayFab limits (or even split into two parts) then saved as stringified JSON in the one or two (or more) key/values. The keys could contain the GameId / Room name.
    In PathCreate, Type="Load" retrieve that State, parse it and reconstruct it then return it to Photon.
  • Mahnoor47
    Options
    @JohnTube
    I uploaded your script on cloud and it gives this error.
    Operation 226 failed in a server-side plugin. Check the configuration in the Dashboard. Message from server-plugin: Failed to load state from https://67FF.playfablogic.com/webhook/1/prod/MCX9XTHYP9NAHOZZ7OEJPCH83IPFWGAUFZMXYKXRS4E47BCWMF/RoomCreated? : Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Error converting value -1 to type 'System.Byte'. Path 'ResultCode', line 1, position 16. ---> System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an unsigned byte.
    at System.Convert.ToByte(Int64 value)
    at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider)
    what should I do?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Hi @Mahnoor47,

Sorry about the delay!
    replace ResultCode: -1 with ResultCode: 255 (or any other value from 1 to 255).
    I have committed the fix. Thanks for pointing this out, it used to work before as we have updated the Newtonsoft.Json library on the server and is now more strict.
  • Mahnoor47
    Options
    Operation 226 failed in a server-side plugin. Check the configuration in the Dashboard. Message from server-plugin: Failed to load state from https://67FF.playfablogic.com/webhook/1/prod/MCX9XTHYP9NAHOZZ7OEJPCH83IPFWGAUFZMXYKXRS4E47BCWMF/RoomCreated? : Error response ResultCode='255' Message='undefined: undefined'.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    NetworkingPeer:OnOperationResponse(OperationResponse) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:1636)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback(StreamBuffer)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
    This is the error I get now?
    I have used exactly your script. Is there any changes I suppose to do?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hmm weird, it could be that the error caught is a custom PlayFab error that has no 'name' and no 'message'.
    Could you try replacing
    return {ResultCode: 255, Message: e.name + ': ' + e.message};
    with
    return {ResultCode: 255, Message: e};
  • Mahnoor47
    Options
    Operation 226 failed in a server-side plugin. Check the configuration in the Dashboard. Message from server-plugin: Failed to load state from https://67FF.playfablogic.com/webhook/1/prod/MCX9XTHYP9NAHOZZ7OEJPCH83IPFWGAUFZMXYKXRS4E47BCWMF/RoomCreated? : Error reading string. Unexpected token: StartObject. Path 'Message', line 1, position 29.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    NetworkingPeer:OnOperationResponse(OperationResponse) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:1636)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback(StreamBuffer)

This is the error now.
    What should I do now?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see, the error object 'e' is not a typical JavaScript error object, it does not have "message" or "name" properties and can't be serialized to string.
    My bet is that it's a custom PlayFab error object.

So let's try replacing:
    return {ResultCode: 255, Message: e};
    with:
    return {ResultCode: 255, Message: JSON.stringify(e)};
    or:
    return {ResultCode: 255, Message: 'error:'+e};
    We are doing all this in order to find out what is the unexpected error happening in RoomCreated handler.

You could temporarily add:
    logException(getISOTimestamp(), e, 'RoomCreated handler error');
    before
    return {ResultCode: 255, Message:...
    logException will add the log as title data entry that you should clean up later.