Is there any tutorial or example of Photon LoadBalancing for multiplayer game?

Hello

I would like to learn Loadbalancing, but I could not be able to find any document helpful for beginners.
I would like you to provide me a good guide.

Best Answers

• sweetmei25
    Answer ✓
    :o Ouch!
    Then can't I develop a game with Loadbalancing?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @sweetmei25,

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.
    All demos are inside the SDKs yes.
    Download them for free once registered.
  • Kaiserludi
    Kaiserludi admin
    Answer ✓
    Hi @sweetmei25.

demo-particle-unity is a demo for LoadBalancing.
    demo-turnbased-memory is also a demo for LoadBalancing, but focussing more on the asyncronous turn-based features
    demo-photon-chat-uGUI is a demo for Photon Chat.

The LoadBalancing Client API is compatible to Photon Realtime on Photon Cloud and also to the LoadBalancing application on self-hosted Photon Servers.

The .NET version of the LoadBalancing Client API has recently been renamed into PhotonRealtime to match the name of the Photon Cloud product with which it can be used. However despite this name-change it is still also the client side APi for the LoadBalancing application of self hosted photon servers.

Inside the particle demo folder a copy of the LoadBalancing Client API source is located at demo-particle-unity\Assets\Photon\PhotonRealtime\Code\.

Answers

• have nothing
  • :( Then how to develop?
    Professionals, please give me a help!
  • I have already asked the same question, but the developer told me there is no document about how to use LoadBalancing. :#
  • No, it can't be.
    Then how did many games developed by the Photon Load Balancing??
  • I am waiting for the Photon Admin to help me...
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @sweetmei25,

I'm afraid @Aslan is right. We do not have anything official other than what's on the documentation website.

Then how did many games developed by the Photon Load Balancing??
    The games showcased under "Photon Server" category could mean a lot of things:

1. self-hosted Photon Server with unmodified server code
    2. self-hosted Photon Server with modified server code
    3. self-hosted Photon Server with server application made from scratch

And 2 could be:

2.a. based on LoadBalancing application
    2.b. using custom plugin
    2.c. based on other (old/deperacated) applications Lite or MMO
  • sweetmei25
    Answer ✓
    :o Ouch!
    Then can't I develop a game with Loadbalancing?
  • Just sample project is very helpful for me, could you please kindly give me a link to the load balancing demo? :)
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Of course, you can.
    I don't know what you mean by "demo" but all our client SDKs should work with the self-hosted Photon Server running LoadBalancing instance.

What I suggest:

- search the forum and the web
    - look at the code and do trial and error
    - ask specific and detailed questions
    - use plugins, which is easier
  • Hi @sweetmei25.

Just do clarify:
    I assume that you are talking about the client side LoadBalancing API in the Unity Client SDK. Is this correct?
    My colleague @JohnTube wrote his responses under the assumptions that you were talking about modifying the server side LoadBalancing application that runs on your self-hosted server.

For the client I would recommend to simply download the Unity Client SDK from the download section of our website and look at the demo projects inside that package.
  • Thanks @Kaiserludi
    Yes, right... I was talking about the Client side.
    I just wanted a tutorial/sample project or documentation for the load balancing client-side SDK usage.
    So inside the SDK, demo projects exist? (Because I didn't download it yet)
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @sweetmei25,

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.
    All demos are inside the SDKs yes.
    Download them for free once registered.
  • Thanks @JohnTube
    I downloaded. There were three examples- turn-based, something, something
    But I think there wasn't the loadbalancing demo inside... am I wrong?
  • Kaiserludi
    Kaiserludi admin
    Answer ✓
    Hi @sweetmei25.

demo-particle-unity is a demo for LoadBalancing.
    demo-turnbased-memory is also a demo for LoadBalancing, but focussing more on the asyncronous turn-based features
    demo-photon-chat-uGUI is a demo for Photon Chat.

The LoadBalancing Client API is compatible to Photon Realtime on Photon Cloud and also to the LoadBalancing application on self-hosted Photon Servers.

The .NET version of the LoadBalancing Client API has recently been renamed into PhotonRealtime to match the name of the Photon Cloud product with which it can be used. However despite this name-change it is still also the client side APi for the LoadBalancing application of self hosted photon servers.

Inside the particle demo folder a copy of the LoadBalancing Client API source is located at demo-particle-unity\Assets\Photon\PhotonRealtime\Code\.
  • Hi @sweetmei25 Did you get any loadbalancing tutorial ? I am also searching about loadbalancing guide. If you have found any please share the link.