Exception: Can't add. Size exceeded.

Options
I have a Dictionary that I am trying to send in OnPhotonSerializeView. Unfortunately, when I do this, it throws an exception as follows-

Exception: Can't add. Size exceeded.
at Photon.Pun.PhotonNetwork+SerializeViewBatch.Add (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 viewData) [0x00034] in C:\Projects\IncidentCommander\IC_Unity\Incident Commander\Assets\Plugins\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\Code\PhotonNetworkPart.cs:1390
at Photon.Pun.PhotonNetwork.RunViewUpdate () [0x00123] in C:\Projects\IncidentCommander\IC_Unity\Incident Commander\Assets\Plugins\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\Code\PhotonNetworkPart.cs:1467
at Photon.Pun.PhotonHandler.LateUpdate () [0x00025] in C:\Projects\IncidentCommander\IC_Unity\Incident Commander\Assets\Plugins\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\Code\PhotonHandler.cs:132

Is this not supported? The docs on Serialization says it should be. I'm using PUN 2.9 and my code is simple-

public void OnPhotonSerializeView(PhotonStream stream, PhotonMessageInfo info)
    {
        if (stream.IsWriting)
        {
            stream.SendNext(MyData);
        }
        else
        {
            MyData = stream.ReceiveNext() as Dictionary<MyType, float>;
        }
    }
I have verified that MyType otherwise works correctly, and also sending arrays of the keys and values also works as a workaround. It just doesn't seem to like my Dictionary.

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    The problem doesn't seem to be the Type of MyData but the amount of values in the update batch.
    Are there exceptions anywhere, before this happens?
    Could you send a simple repro case?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @jRocket,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

This other discussion is related and could contain a solution to your problem.