Unity PUN can't connect unless application is restarted

Hi guys,

I can connect ONCE to my self-hosted server running the "Load Balancing (MyCloud) demo server application from a unity PUN app. Then when I stop the unity client, and restart it, it will not connect again until I restart the server application.

The Unity Debug console shows the following when it won't connect:

Resending: CMD(2 c#:255 r/u: 1/0 st/r#/rt:16/1/10016). times out after: 220 sent: 16 now: 312 rtt/var: 200/5 last recv: 357

Resending: CMD(2 c#:255 r/u: 1/0 st/r#/rt:312/2/10016). times out after: 220 sent: 312 now: 558 rtt/var: 200/5 last recv: 603

... does this about 5 more times ending with:

Resending: CMD(2 c#:255 r/u: 1/0 st/r#/rt:3955/7/10016). times out after: 3520 sent: 3955 now: 7538 rtt/var: 200/5 last recv: 7583

SocketUdp.Disconnect()
SocketUdp.Disconnect()

After I restart the server and wait a bit to reconnect, I finally get a "connected to master" debug message and the PhotonNetwork.NetworkStatisticsToString() update in realtime on the screen as I have it configured.

Comments

• Hi, @caesarhernandez

do you have any firewall switched off?
    it would be good to see server logs. Please stop the server, clean up logs in deploy/logs and in bin_Win64/logs and then reproduce the issue. send us logs from those folders

best,
    ilya
  • Hi I haven't ignored you - I switched to using localhost and it works fine. Just when I try to connect with the public IP of my host it acts funny.

The firewall is off yes.

I will get back to this topic after I have moved along further - I don't want to upset the momentum right now. Thank you!
  • Where do I "send" the logs? There is no file attachment in this thing
  • you may send to developers@photonengine.com or use your own sharing service

best,
    ilya
  • Hi ok I sent them. Thank you very much!
  • Hi I have shared via dropbox to:

developers@photonengine.com ( i tried emailing but got "address not found" message returned

developer@photonengine.com
  • Address not found
    Your message wasn't delivered to developers@photonengine.com because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.
  • developer@photonengine.com