Photon PUN2 Unity compiler warnings after updating to latest version on Asset Store (2.8)

Options
I updated PUN2 from the Unity Asset store to version 2.8 (Mar 15, 2019). I had the version installed just prior to this one. Now I am receiving these warnings, please advise:

Overriding existing asset with new GUID from package, this may break links within your project to package assets (Assets/Photon/PhotonLibs/Metro/Photon3Unity3D.dll.mdb)

Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/RegionHandler.cs(82,24): warning CS0219: The variable `result' is assigned but its value is never used

Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/RegionHandler.cs(83,21): warning CS0219: The variable `bestRtt' is assigned but its value is never used

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Breeman,

Those are warnings that you can skip safely.
    We will get rid of those in the next update.

Let us know if you run into an issue related to those if any of course.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
  • Assets\Photon\PhotonRealtime\Code\RegionHandler.cs(473,22): warning CS0219: The variable 'overtime' is assigned but its value is never used

Unity 2021.3.17f1

PUN 2 Version 2.41 - August 02, 2022

• nindim
    Options

Hi @JohnTube,

I am just updating from PUN 1 to PUN 2 (2.41.0) and hit this.

For those of us that have warnings as errors on, we can't ignore this :(

Can this be fixed so we don't have to make edits each time we upgrade the plugin, please?

Thank you,

Niall

• Tobias
    Options

The "issues" above are warnings, not errors. They are not really relevant when building the project.

Use the Migration Notes when you upgrade and consider updating to Fusion (as PUN 2 is also in LTS / maintenance mode).

Sorry, I also have to point out a few things:

a) Don't tag anyone of the Photon team.

b) Don't resurrect old threads, unless you are 100% sure you have the exact same issue.

c) State the exact issue you have (don't make us guess which of the issues discussed above are the ones you have)...