Should support logger be present in production builds?

Options
Hello. Some players for our game are experiencing disconnect issues. In the documentation it is recommended to use the supportlogger script to help debug disconnects. We have added support logger to our internal test buids. However I am unsure if the support logger should be added to production builds.

Please advise

Best Answer

Answers

• Tobias
    Options
    It should not be enabled in a normal release build, no. The idea is that you enable it for cases where you need additional info to debug problems. How you distribute it, is up to the individual case.

If you didn't update PUN in a while, you should do that in preparation to fix remaining issues.
  • EricS
    Options
    Hi. Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately our team is having difficulty getting disconnects when we test the game ourselves. We are mostly seeing reports from players about disconnects. We have the ability to ask these players for their logs. Is there a specific reason why adding support logger to published builds is discouraged?

We are presently using Pun v1.9.3 I notice that v1.9.4 has been released. I checked the release notes and I don't see any fixes that would apply to our game.