Hololens and PUN2 Newtonsoft.json problems

Hi, I am currently working with the Hololens and Pun2 to make a Realtime synchronization between Hololens and smartphones. I made it work with smartphones. But after I implemented HoloToolKit I get this error:

error CS1703: An assembly `Newtonsoft.Json' with the same identity has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references. I can't really delete either of them if i do nothing will work when i just try to run it in unity.

Have been looking at these posts: forum.photonengine.com/discussion/11134/mixed-reality-toolkit-does-not-work-with-photon-for-hololens, forum.photonengine.com/discussion/6320/help-for-issues-with-newtonsoft-json-dll but neither of these solutions worked for my case, as I still get errors. Can anyone explain how to couple HoloLens with Photon?

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Katjua,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

What is the PUN2 and Unity versions you are using?
    By HoloToolKit you mean MixedRealityToolkit-Unity?

Can anyone explain how to couple HoloLens with Photon?
    I can't really delete either of them if i do nothing will work when i just try to run it in unity.
    Which one did you try to delete? and what happen if you do? Maybe the idea is to put one Newtonsoft.Json.DLL in a path that can be used by both packages: PUN and HoloToolKit.
  • PUN uses the assembly `Newtonsoft.Json' only in-Editor. You can delete this and comment out references to it in the AccountService.cs. You will lose the PUN Wizard's registration feature but nothing else. As you have an AppId already, this is no loss.