Photon Realtime sdk v4.1.8.0 download

Hello,

Is there any way I can download an older version of the photon realtime sdk (v4.1.8.0) for unreal engine. I have a UE4 project which uses this version of the SDK and everything works fine on Windows. I would now like to run the project on a Mac, but I'm unable to find the correct libs on the photon website. The project build fails on Mac because of the missing libraries. Only version 4.1.12.0 is now available from the downloads section.

Any help in this regard will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kaartikey

Best Answer

• Kaiserludi
    Kaiserludi admin
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Kaartikey.

We don't provide an archive of old releases on our website, but encourage people to update to the latest version. Older versions are only provided on demand.

4.1.8.0 has been released on 2nd August of 2017. That is quite some time ago and you are missing out on 1,5 years of improvements with that version.

Have you tried simply updating your project to the latest version? There have not been so many breaking API changes in that time, so I assume that updating should be rather quick and painless.

Here is a download of 4.1.8.0 for OS X:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/n8jgjz7jwf74s3i/Photon-MacOSX-Sdk_v4-1-8-0.zip?dl=1

Answers

• Kaiserludi
    Kaiserludi admin
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Kaartikey.

We don't provide an archive of old releases on our website, but encourage people to update to the latest version. Older versions are only provided on demand.

4.1.8.0 has been released on 2nd August of 2017. That is quite some time ago and you are missing out on 1,5 years of improvements with that version.

Have you tried simply updating your project to the latest version? There have not been so many breaking API changes in that time, so I assume that updating should be rather quick and painless.

Here is a download of 4.1.8.0 for OS X:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/n8jgjz7jwf74s3i/Photon-MacOSX-Sdk_v4-1-8-0.zip?dl=1
  • Thank you for providing the libs. I'm able to compile and build my project for MacOS now. :smile: