Cannot connect to MasterServer on wifi network

Up until this morning I have been able to connect to master server and test my game just fine on both my computer and test device. Now when I try to connect using my home wifi network it just hangs on ConnectingToMasterServer and ultimately times out. When I turn off wifi and use my cellular data everything works. Any idea what might be happening? I have not made any changes to my game since this started happening and my wifi seems to be working fine otherwise.

Appreciate any insight.

Comments

• Time out log if that helps:

Connect() to '92.223.82.19' failed: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection timed out
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect (System.Net.EndPoint remoteEP, Boolean requireSocketPolicy) [0x00000] in :0
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect (System.Net.EndPoint remoteEP) [0x00000] in :0
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect (System.Net.IPAddress address, Int32 port) [0x00000] in :0
    at ExitGames.Client.Photon.SocketTcp.DnsAndConnect () [0x00000] in :0
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    NetworkingPeer:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/_SUPPORT/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:1585)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.SocketTcp:DnsAndConnect()
  • I'm having the same issue, specifically with my WebGL build. ( http://web.bioshub.com/ )

Unsure what the cause is since it was working just a few days ago with no network related changes made.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @MrConkin and @BiosElement,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Are you connecting to US region?
    Do you still have troubles connecting?
  • JohnTube said:

Hi @MrConkin and @BiosElement,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Are you connecting to US region?
    Do you still have troubles connecting?

Thanks for the response John. Yes, I am connecting to US Region. I was prompted by your question to try otherwise and had the following results:
    1. Changing Region to EU allowed me to connect
    2. Changing Region back to US still did not connect
    3. Keeping Region as US and changing Protocol from TCP to UDP allowed me to connect
    I'm hoping you have some insight into what might be happening. It seems that I could change my Region from US or my protocol to UDP to get around this, but I am unclear on the ramifications of this.

Thanks,
    Michael
  • And now after 2 days it is working if configured to US and TCP -_-. This is great! But if you have any insight as to why it happened in the first place I would appreciate it. Cheers!
  • Indeed, it's now working as originally intended without changes made...

It was always using the us region as I don't want my users getting split into regions right now.

I have no idea why it stopped or started working...
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @MrConkin @BiosElement,

If you encounter such issues again on US region send an email to developer@photonengine.com with your AppId and AppVersion.
    Thanks.