Room dispose reason

Sergey
Sergey
edited January 2019 in Photon Server
Hello! I have some little question. Sometimes I can see in counters big count of disconnects by timeout per second. Whenever it happens I see that all my rooms are closing. In debugs I see these messages:
2019-01-29 12:40:45,820 [94] DEBUG Photon.Hive.Caching.RoomCacheBase - Removed room instance reference: roomName=2f4729ec-0c12-4152-afa2-587231ae2244, referenceCount=1
2019-01-29 12:40:46,226 [63] DEBUG Photon.Hive.Caching.RoomCacheBase - Removed room instance reference: roomName=2f4729ec-0c12-4152-afa2-587231ae2244, referenceCount=0
2019-01-29 12:40:46,226 [63] DEBUG Photon.Hive.Caching.RoomCacheBase - Room has no references. Tring to remove it. room:2f4729ec-0c12-4152-afa2-587231ae2244
2019-01-29 12:40:46,226 [63] DEBUG Photon.Hive.Caching.RoomCacheBase - Room BeforeRemoveFromCache returned 'false'. Removing stopped. room:2f4729ec-0c12-4152-afa2-587231ae2244
All actors removed from rooms as well.
So I don't really understand what could be the reason of such behaviour.
Is it possible to log the reason why room was closed/disposed? Would be much appreciated for any help!

Comments

• Hi, @Sergey

Seems like your game has EmptyRoomTTL that is why it is not removed right away.

The room can be closed only when all peers disconnected from it. That what you see in logs. When peers are disconnected, Actors removed too.

you should understand why clients are disconnecting by timeout. The reason can be on the client side too

best,
    ilya

• Hi, @chvetsov
    Thanks for an answer. As I understood, the clients are disconnecting not because of rooms are disposed. Rooms are disposing because of clients are disconnecting by timeout?
    If it so, can you advice some methods to catch this problem? There are no exceptions on the server side. This problem also randomly appears on another amazon instance, so I don't think that it could be hardware issue. Sometimes this problem appears on another project, I think that it mostly the problem of server side, not client
    Is it ok that I'm asking all those questions in this thread or should I create new because topic name "Rooms dispose reason" is not the real problem?
    Thanks again for help and support!
  • Sergey
    Sergey
    edited January 2019
    Also I want to say that RAM falls from 7 gb to 3.5 gb just for one week. Can it be the same symptoms of one problem or it something different?
  • Hi, @Sergey
    >Rooms are disposing because of clients are disconnecting by timeout?
    Yes, that is right

>Also I want to say that RAM falls from 7 gb to 3.5 gb just for one week. Can it be the same symptoms of one problem or it something different?

Take a memory snapshot and check what keeps the memory

>can you advice some methods to catch this problem?
    well, The only thing I would start is checking native logs in a bin_Win64/logs folder. It may contain something related to the issue.

also, could it be that you are sending a lot to clients at some moments? this may lead to disconnects. Please ask in client-side section of the forum about disconnects. You may get there really good pieces of advice on how to find a reason

best,
    ilya
  • hello, @chvetsov
    Thank you again for such a full answer!
    I'll check client client-side section as well

>also, could it be that you are sending a lot to clients at some moments?
    I guess it shouldn't, amount of data is not too much. We are using photon server for board game, mb there is some unoptimised legacy code that is have to be refactored, I'll check this side too