Getting PUN to work with PS4

Hi, I am currently having some issues with getting PUN to work with PS4. My current project previously had PUN working on our PC build, I am trying to port the project to PS4. I'm on PUN 1.91, and I keep getting a "Unable to resolve pinvoke method 'POpusCodec.Wrapper:opus_encoder_get_size (POpusCodec.Enums.Channels)' Re-run with MONO_LO" , which crashes the build, when trying to run it on a PS4.

I thought of updating PUN to a newer version, but after importing newer versions of both PUN and Photon Voice, it seems there are many errors such as namespace errors etc. I'm not sure if that is the proper way to update PUN, or if I am missing something. At this point since the code was already designed to work with PUN, I am not sure if I should upgrade to PUN 2 as well, since that might have migration issues. The implementation of PUN was done by someone else as well, so at the moment I'm not too sure of what my best approach should be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Hi @JoshChan123.

The Opus issue is not PUN related, but is a Photon Voice issue. Photon Voice uses a native C++ plugin for audio encoding and decoding (Opus) and native plugins for Unity are platform specific - you need a version of it that has specifically been built against that platform for each platform that you want to build your Unity app for.

However we are not permitted to give you access to console-specific files without prior verification that you are officially granted permission by the platform owner (which is Sony in case of the PS4) to develop for that platform. Hence we can't include console specific files in the asset store packages.

Please navigate to Photon in the the tools and middleware section of the Sony PS4 devnet and verify your official PS4 developer status to us there.
    Once you have done that we will give your account on our website (please additionally drop us a separate email if that account should use a different email-address than the one that you use for the Sony devnet) access permission to PS4 specific downloads and documentation (please be patient - this is a manual procedure - you will receive an email once we have done this). Afterwards you can download the Photon Voice addOn package for PS4 on https://www.photonengine.com/en-US/sdks#voiceplaystation4voice.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @JoshChan123,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

We do not usually discuss console specific information on the forum.
    You should send an email to developer@photonengine.com for anything related to consoles.
    Closing this.
    Besides my colleague @Kaiserludi already answered.
This discussion has been closed.